Success after IF
Options

Staying sane?

I am 10w6d with a singleton (miscarried a twin at 8w) from FET. I have had two miscarriages in the past 4 months. I have not been able to connect to my baby or think of my future at all for fear that I will get too close and m/c. How do you deal with these feelings? When can you let the past go and move forward? I haven't been able to feel the excitement you are supposed to during this process. Every time I have cried tears of joy, they have been followed by tears of loss. What can I do to connect with baby and move forward rather than being so scared all of the time?

Any advice on staying sane is greatly appreciated. 

TTC Since January 2011 Clomid - 3 cycles - BFN IVF Cycle #1 - 27 eggs, 0 fertilized - cycle cancelled ICSI Cycle #2 - 18 eggs, 16 fertilized - BFP (miscarriage at 5 weeks) FET Cycle #3 - transferred 2 - BFP - TWINS! (lost one twin at 8 weeks)

Re: Staying sane?

• Options
    I am so sorry for your losses. I haven't miscarried a twin, but I did have two losses before my pregnancy with DS. For me, the only thing that helped was time. When I reached the second tri it was a big relief. I honestly had a difficult time considering myself pregnant until then. When my mother would try to talk to me about the pregnancy I wouldn't even be able to talk about it. I was just so sure things would go wrong again. When I started to feel him move and kick, that's when I really started to relax. It was definitely a process. Try to go easy on yourself. You just suffered a loss a couple of weeks ago. I can't imagine the emotions you must be feeling. (((((hugehugs)))))
    Unexplained Infertility

After two Clomid cycles, three injectable IUI cycles, two IVFs, two miscarriages, and one lap surgery, IVF #2 has brought us our little boy!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

TTC #2
    After months of being postponed or cancelled, FET #1.3 (Natural FET) brought us twin girls!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Surprise! Baby #4 is due in March!
  • Options

imageDragonfly1226:
    I am so sorry for your losses. I haven't miscarried a twin, but I did have two losses before my pregnancy with DS. For me, the only thing that helped was time. When I reached the second tri it was a big relief. I honestly had a difficult time considering myself pregnant until then. When my mother would try to talk to me about the pregnancy I wouldn't even be able to talk about it. I was just so sure things would go wrong again. When I started to feel him move and kick, that's when I really started to relax. It was definitely a process. Try to go easy on yourself. You just suffered a loss a couple of weeks ago. I can't imagine the emotions you must be feeling. (((((hugehugs)))))

All of this.

I didn't start to feel a connection with my LO until we found out it was a girl at our 19 week a/s.  Up until that point I was too scared I was going to lose her.  It is totally okay to feel that way.  It's hard to put yourself out there when you've been so hurt before.  I'm so sorry for your losses.  Just remind yourself every single day that today you are pregnant, and you love your baby.  Over time, as you pass each positive milestone, you will feel more and more sane.  Take care of yourself.  ((hugs))

TTC with PCOS since November 2009
    IUI#1 Femara/Ovidrel (cd 3-7) = BFP, m/c
    IUI#2 Femara/Ovidrel (cd 5-9) = BFN
    IUI#3 Femara/Ovidrel (cd 3-7) = BFP!
    beta #1 11/23 = 270, P4 = 75
    beta #2 11/28 = 2055
    Our daughter E was born 7/29/2012!
    Surprise, our 2nd daughter P was born 5/22/14!
    imageImage and video hosting by TinyPicimage
    imageimageimage
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I'm so sorry for your losses. I also had a miscarriage before my successful pregnancy. It's sad that we can't be like those 'innocent' confident pregnant women who tell the world and register at 4 weeks. I can just tell you that at each milestone, it will feel more real. Especially when you feel him or her move. Have you visited the pregnant after a loss board? I'm sure you'll find a lot of help there too.

Be kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a hard battle. -Philo

Baby N conceived after 1 miscarriage and more than 2 years of TTC. Diagnosis was low sperm count. We found success after 3 months of anastrozole to increase DH's testosterone and one IUI.
    Some charts AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

I'm stupid. You're smart. I was wrong. You were right. You're the best. I'm the worst. You're very good-looking. I'm not attractive. - Happy Gilmore
  • Options
    Time was the only thing that helped here too.  My loss was a chemical @ 6 weeks, so I passed that "mark" early on, but was diagnosed with a very large subchorionic hematoma at 10 weeks, complete with an emergency trip to L&D thinking it was over.  From then until 12/13 weeks it was like I was just going through the motions but couldn't let myself really count on the future.  2nd tri was a big step and having a home doppler to listen to HB really helped as well, and was my saving grace until I could rely on movement as reassurance things were fine.

imageimage
    2 years, 2 surgeries, 2 clomid fails, 2 IUIs, 1 loss, IVF #1 - 10/25/10 = BFP!, DS is now 3.5yrs!
    TTC #2 - 6/12 surgery #3, FET #1 & 1.2 = BFN, 12/2012 FET #2 = BFP! DD is 1.5 yrs!
    Surprise! 12/16/14 BFP, loss #2 12/31/14

I can't wait for the "im getting a divorce" post in 5 years or so because your husbands were fed up with your disgusting chair asses from playing on the knot all day and getting fired 4-5 times for not doing any work. you guys are all winners!! ~ Laur929

• Options

imageL&R70707:
    Time was the only thing that helped here too.  My loss was a chemical @ 6 weeks, so I passed that "mark" early on, but was diagnosed with a very large subchorionic hematoma at 10 weeks, complete with an emergency trip to L&D thinking it was over.  From then until 12/13 weeks it was like I was just going through the motions but couldn't let myself really count on the future.  2nd tri was a big step and having a home doppler to listen to HB really helped as well, and was my saving grace until I could rely on movement as reassurance things were fine.

Oh yes, the home doppler was a wonderful thing that I used a lot until I could feel him move every day.  I tried to limit myself to 2-3 times a week, otherwise I would have been using it all the time! 

Baby N conceived after 1 miscarriage and more than 2 years of TTC. Diagnosis was low sperm count. We found success after 3 months of anastrozole to increase DH's testosterone and one IUI.

I'm stupid. You're smart. I was wrong. You were right. You're the best. I'm the worst. You're very good-looking. I'm not attractive. - Happy Gilmore
  • Options
    imageChicagoWeded2007:

imageL&R70707:

Oh yes, the home doppler was a wonderful thing that I used a lot until I could feel him move every day.  I tried to limit myself to 2-3 times a week, otherwise I would have been using it all the time! 

Me too!  I highly recommend a doppler.  Make sure you youtube videos on how to use it first though, it can be terrifying that first time if you can't find the hb, no need for unnecessary stress (in addition to what you are already going through.)

TTC with PCOS since November 2009
    IUI#1 Femara/Ovidrel (cd 3-7) = BFP, m/c
    IUI#2 Femara/Ovidrel (cd 5-9) = BFN
    IUI#3 Femara/Ovidrel (cd 3-7) = BFP!
    beta #1 11/23 = 270, P4 = 75
    beta #2 11/28 = 2055
    Our daughter E was born 7/29/2012!
    Surprise, our 2nd daughter P was born 5/22/14!
    imageImage and video hosting by TinyPicimage
    imageimageimage
  • Options
    imageTJ1979:
    imageChicagoWeded2007:

imageL&R70707:

Me too!  I highly recommend a doppler.  Make sure you youtube videos on how to use it first though, it can be terrifying that first time if you can't find the hb, no need for unnecessary stress (in addition to what you are already going through.)

You could also try it for the first time right after a doctor appointment, so you know where the doctor found the heartbeat and you could look in the same place.  Although the baby moves all around, so it could have moved by then.  I am not sure when it can first be used, but 11 weeks is probably a couple weeks early. 

• Options

I am sorry for your loss & I hope the remainder of your pregnancy is healthy.  What you have been through is so difficult & I don't have any helpful advice but like some other ladies have mentioned you can only take it one day at a time & today you are pregnant & being detached from you baby doesn't make it any less painful if God forbid something happened.  As hard as it is give yourself permission to be happy & when you get farther along a feel movement it will give you some reassurance.  GL!

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"