International Bumpies

kelly**

RE your DH and the Ergo...I'd tell him that you're not comfortable using it for long periods of time and that you will be using the carrier much more with the two kids. You may also want to explain to him the hip issues that are normally brought up re the BB carriers. 

If all else fails tell him simply that with the carriers that your have you're nowhere near the cost of a double stroller and no where near the number of carriers a lot of people have (I have umm...9 at the moment!) 

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers PitaPata Dog tickers Screen Shot 2012-11-15 at 8.25.16 AM

Re: kelly**

• Yeah, we worked through it and he agreed to it, but at first he was like, "What happens if we have another baby and by then you've done even more research and found an even better carrier?" And I was like... Huh? "um... then we'll buy another one?"

What really ticked me off was that when I was explaining about the hips and positioning with the BB "crotch carrier," he basically implied that I had gotten my information from the Ergo website. Confused Yes, DH, I'm working on my PhD but don't know better than to get my research on baby products from the people hired to market said products.

What resolved the argument was when I explained that with DD, I hadn't done any research on carriers. We got a used (old) BB free from friends, so that's what I used, but all those had to hold the baby were straps that crossed high on the back. And then when I was flying to the US alone with DD, I wanted one with better support and so just got a newer BB, but again, didn't do any research on it because I did like using it and assumed that all carriers made your back/shoulders hurt to some extent. I also invited him to do his own unbiased research to figure out which carrier was the best, and that made him back off pretty quickly. :-)

Thanks for your input, I appreciate it! 

BFP1: DD1 born April 2011 at 34w1d via unplanned c/s due to HELLP, DVT 1 week PP
    BFP2: 3/18/12, blighted ovum, natural m/c @ 7w4d
    BFP3: DD2 born Feb 2013 at 38w4d via unplanned RCS due to uterine dehiscence

• You're welcome! I wish you lived closer so I could let you try some of mine out, I love helping to get people to wear their babies more : We ever have a toddler carrier which rocks for DD!!
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers PitaPata Dog tickers Screen Shot 2012-11-15 at 8.25.16 AM
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"