May 2012 Moms
Options

Little stressed

I've been trying not to think about it too much, but DD has to have an in-between weight check before her 6 month needles.  It was put off a couple of times because the nurse was sick herself, so now it will be tomorrow.

She was 10 lbs 10 oz at her 4 month needles, and 3rd percentile.

I know it's not the most accurate method, but I weighed myself and then again while holding her and there was only 12 lbs in the difference.  Which would mean only 1.5 lb increase since 4 months.I looked up the WHO chart (which the nurse follows since she's BF) which showed a drop well below the 3rd percentile.

I know I've posted about this before, and again, she is super active... she eats well (dietician had me document feedings/wet diapers for several days) sits, rolls, laughs, plays etc

I was just lurking on the June board and there were people posting about being worried about babies at the 12th percentile being too small...  I really hope she's not dropping in percentile and it's just my rudimentary measurement...I guess I'll find out more tomorrow...

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Little stressed

• Options
    I have two girlfriends who each have a boy that was always in the less than 10 percentile range They are both perfectly healthy, active, great nondevelopmentally challeneged little boys. They just happen to be on the smaller side.

I wouldn't worry about it. Every baby is different and grows at their own pace...some are just destined to be small, some big, and some are later to have growth spurts while some have them earlier. My son was gaining 4 lbs/month for the first 3.5 months. He slowed down and has been at this same weight 23 lbs for about 2 months now but I was concerned in the beginning that he was gaining too much too fast so I can definitely understand your concern.
    BabyFetus Ticker

Corbin | born 4.19.12
    Baby boy #2 | due 4.13.15
  • Options
    My boys are all 15 or bellow. My 8 year old has always been and is a healthy smart child.
    I'm worried about Lucas's weight at 6 month check too he already took a big drop in so I'm hoping he doesn't again. But he's a happy little guy rolling, scooting, sitting a little, and always moving.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Untitled
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    That sounds like my nephew. He's two now and still VERY small but healthy. Try not to stress! Keep us updated.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFruit Ticker image
  • Options
    My little lady is a May BF baby and right at the 12 lbs size too. Don't worry for 2 reasons one that is why you go to the dr wait to see what they have to say. Also perectilies are not grades being low isn't worse then being high you just want to make sure they stay on their own consistent curve. It is not good if they start out 30 then jump to 60 then fall to 10. If she has always been on the smaller side that is just where she might fall.
  • Options
    DS #1 started at about 25% then steadily dropped  to below 10% at 9 months and has stayed at between 5-10% until now. DS#2 has been below the 5% since birth. Hopefully it is nothing.  Some babies are little and some are big.  We just have the ones at the small end of the spectrum. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"