High-Risk Pregnancy
Options

GD and early contractions something you should know....

So last night I took a nasty fall down the last 3 stairs and ended up in L&D. I was having contractions like crazy and found out that the fast acting shot they usually give you to stop contractions called Tribulin is not recommended for those with GD because it messes with blood sugar. Indifferent So instead they gave me an oral med called Procardia. It took 3 doses over a few hours to finally work. It was super scary. I just thought I would give others a heads up since I had no idea that I would need to take alternative meds to stop labor just because I have GD.
Image and video hosting by TinyPic

BFP#1 on 02/14/09 BIRTH to Mason 6lb9oz on 10/12/09

BFP#2 on 5/28/11 EDD 2/1/12 Natural M/C on 6/13/11

BFP#3 on 1/20/12 EDD 9/30/12 Natural m/c on 1/27/12

BFP#4 on 4/23/12 BIRTH to Isabella 7lb1oz on 12/19/12

Re: GD and early contractions something you should know....

• Options
    That's interesting! There are many of us on procardia to treat PTL symptoms. I've been taking it every 4 hours since 15w. I'm glad it worked for you and that you are okay!
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    Wow. What a scare. Glad you're ok.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

imageweddedwife:
    That's interesting! There are many of us on procardia to treat PTL symptoms. I've been taking it every 4 hours since 15w. I'm glad it worked for you and that you are okay!

I was going to ask you if that was what you were taking. I follow up with my OB on fri and I might have to be put on it regularly because I am still having contractions. Are there any other side effects other than lower blood pressure? 

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

BFP#1 on 02/14/09 BIRTH to Mason 6lb9oz on 10/12/09

BFP#2 on 5/28/11 EDD 2/1/12 Natural M/C on 6/13/11

BFP#3 on 1/20/12 EDD 9/30/12 Natural m/c on 1/27/12

BFP#4 on 4/23/12 BIRTH to Isabella 7lb1oz on 12/19/12

• Options

I'm glad you and LO are okay! I didn't know this either! Thank you for the heads up I know there is never enough answers out there for those of us that are in this lovely high risk hold up so thank you for sharing and here's hoping for no more bumps in the baby growing process for you!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"