High-Risk Pregnancy
Options

GDers - how are your babies growing?

I didn't know how to word that title so it might sound strange lol.

I had a growth u/s a few days ago at 30.5 weeks.  They estimated baby to be 3 lbs. 13 oz., they said that's average/right in the middle of normal, so to keep doing what I'm doing.

That sounded big to me, so in curiosity I started looking at some info online. It seems like at this rate, the average is still under 3 lbs....but she's almost 4 lbs.?  I know they gain weight faster and faster toward the end. Just sounds to me like she will be big!

How is everyone else's LO's growing?

DS (7 years old) from FET in 2010
DD (5 years old) from IUI in 2012
TTC 3rd and final!: IUI #1 in progress!

Re: GDers - how are your babies growing?

• Options
    During my 20wk ultrasound, she was in the 50th percentile. I was nervous they would say she was big because it took me a month after GD diagnosis to get in to see the endo and dietician. We'll get to see her again on 11/15. Cant wait!
    SK
  • Options
    I was wondering the same thing. I'm 31 weeks and DD is already measuring 3lbs 3oz which seems huge to me since DS was born at 39 weeks only weighing 6lbs 9oz.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

BFP#1 on 02/14/09 BIRTH to Mason 6lb9oz on 10/12/09

BFP#2 on 5/28/11 EDD 2/1/12 Natural M/C on 6/13/11

BFP#3 on 1/20/12 EDD 9/30/12 Natural m/c on 1/27/12

BFP#4 on 4/23/12 BIRTH to Isabella 7lb1oz on 12/19/12

• Loading the player...
  • Options

DS only measured a few days ahead of schedule until after 35 weeks when I started getting more frequent NSTs and BPP.  Then it was clear that he was gigantic.  I sometimes had them done 2-3 times a week (got sent to the ER some for blood pressure) and he consistently measured 2 weeks ahead then.  Specifically his belly measured much bigger than average.  Doing research told me that could indicate shoulder dyastocia issues so when they recommended a c-section, I agreed.  His last scan estimated him at 8 pounds 13 ounces and he was born at 8 pounds 6.5 ounces.  He didn't have abnormally broad shoulders but was pretty puffy.  He was 21.5 inches and they couldn't believe how tall he was so they think that made up for the extra ounces. 

Those scans can be off up to 2 pounds on either side and the spectrum of "normal" to them is totally different than just average weight you can find by googling.  If they said she's within the limit I wouldn't worry.  Now, if you're getting weekly scans and she's measuring 2 weeks ahead and they say that's normal, then I'd have to ask some questions.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    At 29w2d baby measured about 3lbs 14oz. Doctor said it was in the normal range. 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    At my last visit (around 24 and a half weeks), she was about 1.5 lbs. I thought this was small, but they said it was perfectly normal.
    Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie First Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"