Working Moms
Options

Confessions?

I don't want to do anything meaningful today at work so let's confess stupid things. I don't want to actually read that people murdered their parents.

My confession: I never really gave my baby vitamin D drops.  I did for like 2 weeks and that was it.  

Hm that confession is lame.  I have another one then, I hate small dogs.

Re: Confessions?

• Options

There are a lot of posts about feeling bad about returning to work and the guilt that is felt but I cannot really relate.

Don't get me wrong, the best part of my day is when I am on my way to pick her up after work and looking forward to seeing that smile, but during the day or when I drop off I am ok with everything and have been since day one (and while on maternity leave).

Lillian April 17, 2012
  • Options

I may have invested more on LO's first birthday party than I personally did on my own wedding. :O DH may have an idea it's gotten out of hand...but I'm pretty sure he has no idea just how far.

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers Anniversary
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    DH works nights and on the nights I am home alone with DD I am so bad about changing her diaper, if she wakes in the middle of the night. Last night I did put a clean one on, but the 2 nights before nope.
  • Options

I'm what they call a 'low information voter'.  I did early voting this wknd and had no idea there was a female running for president or what the 'green' party meant. I only learned a few days ago who Gary Johnson is.

Also, I just ate 5 slices of pizza (ok, they were cut small) and took 2 lg pizzas home for dinner. The company provided free pizza for a campaign they are doing and had lots of leftovers. I'm feeding a family of four so 2 lg pizzas will be more than enough. The confession-besides, I'm a fatty....I let other ppl believe I was grabbing one of the pizzas for a co-worker instead of myself.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

I pretend sometimes that I don't hear the kids in the middle of the night so I don't have to get up out of bed. DD2 will sometimes wake up and want her paci, and if I lay there long enough pretending I am asleep, DH will get up and put it back in her mouth.

"Making the decision to have a child is momentous. It is to decide forever to have your heart go walking around outside your body."
    Goodbye little angel(7/22/2011)....see you in heaven
    Goodbye my second angel (9/18/2011)
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options

I second the hating small dog.

I don't like Christmas...or the gift giving craziness that Christmas has become.  I hate the idea of spending so much money and i never have good ideas!!  I'm not creative and i just ask people.  SO you buy me something and I'll buy you something.  I would rather just buy myself what I want and skip the giving! 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options

There are two women that I work with who are moms, and I can't help but judge them.  They have never once said anything nice about their kids.  I've been working with one for almost a year, and one for several years.  One just complains constantly about how awful her kid is (now she's out on ML with her second).  The other is constantly coming up with ways to get other people to watch her kids, and very proudly talks about pawning them off.

An example... one has a 6 year old that had to have surgery.  She would not leave work to bring her kid into the OR.  She did not leave a non-mandatory dinner after work to be with her kid.  The kid was in the hospital for 2 days after, and she didn't take any time to be with her.  She made a point of saying that her DH didn't "do" hospitals, and that she sent her mom to "deal with it". We have the same boss - there's no way he would have told her to skip that.  We also have a very generous leave policy, and our manager would have looked the other way if she was out of time.  I think she's a sh*tty mom.

• Options
    imagejannv11:

I second the hating small dog.

I don't like Christmas...or the gift giving craziness that Christmas has become.  I hate the idea of spending so much money and i never have good ideas!!  I'm not creative and i just ask people.  SO you buy me something and I'll buy you something.  I would rather just buy myself what I want and skip the giving! 

OMG I HATE CHRISTMAS.  We could be friends IRL. 

• Options
    Sometimes I'm too tired at night to give the baby a bath so instead I'll make sure he gets really messy at breakfast and then ask the babysitter to give him one during the day.

Kelly, Mom to Christopher Shannon 9.27.06, Catherine Quinn 2.24.09, Trey Barton lost on 12.28.09, Therese Barton lost on 6.10.10, Joseph Sullivan 7.23.11, and our latest, Victoria Maren 11.15.12

Secondary infertility success with IVF, then two losses, one at 14 weeks and one at 10 weeks, then success with IUI and then just pure, crazy luck.  Expecting our fifth in May as the result of a FET.

This Cluttered Life

• Options
    imageHilarityEnsued:
    imagekatieh1017:

There are a lot of posts about feeling bad about returning to work and the guilt that is felt but I cannot really relate.

Plus eleventybillion here... Sometimes I feel guilty about not feeling guilty (if that makes sense) and question if I'm lacking some mothering chip that makes me yearn to spend endless hours upon days upon weeks upon years at home with my kid.  I don't have that.  I like my job, but moreover I like working.

Yep I wonder the same thing. 

Lillian April 17, 2012
  • Options

imageitsmevkb:
    Sometimes I'm too tired at night to give the baby a bath so instead I'll make sure he gets really messy at breakfast and then ask the babysitter to give him one during the day.

That's awesome!

• Options

My hurricane-related confession is that I judge people who do stupidshit during dangerous storms (i.e. surfing, taking their boat out, ignoring mandatory evacuation orders, etc.). 

My husband calls it "thinning the herd" when something bad happens to them.   And honestly, I feel most badly for the rescue workers who have to put their lives on the line to try to help these selfish, stupid fools! 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    UzoUzo member
    imageHilarityEnsued:

imagekcircell:
    DH works nights and on the nights I am home alone with DD I am so bad about changing her diaper, if she wakes in the middle of the night. Last night I did put a clean one on, but the 2 nights before nope.

I haven't changed DS's diaper between bedtime and 6 am since he was probably 6 months old.  There are rare (maybe half a dozen times since 6 months old) where he wakes up in the middle of the night and is flipping the eff out... so in my montage of trying all baby calming techniques, I will change his diaper.  Otherwise, never.

Me three :-)

• Options
    imagelaurakaz13:

My hurricane-related confession is that I judge people who do stupidshit during dangerous storms (i.e. surfing, taking their boat out, ignoring mandatory evacuation orders, etc.). 

My husband calls it "thinning the herd" when something bad happens to them.   And honestly, I feel most badly for the rescue workers who have to put their lives on the line to try to help these selfish, stupid fools! 

my DH says the same thing!!  

• Options

I can't stand people who complain about the math series we have to teach at work. We have to teach it, it isn't an option. Do it and stop b!tching. I want to go home and don't want to spend time in meetings listening to you complain.

I also can't stand when people never have anything nice to say about their DH. We are all going to complain about our DH's at some point, but if it is all the time, I start to wonder why they are still married!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker image image
  • Options

I did a really @#$tty job with the vitamin drops, too.

I'm pregnant, stressed and exhausted. Tonight my kids had Spaghettios and Lucky Charms for dinner. Oh, and applesauce. I did offer fresh pears but they declined. And I let them.

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    imagekatieh1017:
    imageHilarityEnsued:
    imagekatieh1017:

Plus eleventybillion here... Sometimes I feel guilty about not feeling guilty (if that makes sense) and question if I'm lacking some mothering chip that makes me yearn to spend endless hours upon days upon weeks upon years at home with my kid.  I don't have that.  I like my job, but moreover I like working.

same here 

• Options
    Sometimes after I'm done pumping I just sit in the room because I can't stand the idea of having to go back to my desk.  (or I'm at a really good part of my book)  I'm the only one that pumps so know one seems to notice if I take an extra 5 minutes
  • Options
    imagemexicolombiana:

I don't want to do anything meaningful today at work so let's confess stupid things. I don't want to actually read that people murdered their parents.

My confession: I never really gave my baby vitamin D drops.  I did for like 2 weeks and that was it.  

Hm that confession is lame.  I have another one then, I hate small dogs.

I've been good with the vitamin D drops, but I haven't taken my prenatal vitamins in months.  I keep thinking, "I should take those, the baby needs DHA" and then I get distracted by a shiny object.  Seriously, these days I have the focus of a goldfish.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    imagersrn02:
    imagekatieh1017:
    imageHilarityEnsued:
    imagekatieh1017:

same here 

glad I'm not alone

my blog

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Boy/girl twins born at 37w1d and 37w2d

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

• Options

I love this post...

Let's see: I hate small dogs, I am definately lacking the "I want to be with my kids 24/7 chip" (I love my job), I don't change my kids diapers in the middle of the night, I was horrible with the vitamin drops and I also have little sympathy for people who have hurricane parties.....

And now I am thinking a lot about the whole ask the nanny to bathe the kids in the am by having "messy breakfast"  :)

An original confession:

I like to pick up dinner on the way home at places like Max and Erma's or Chilli's  so I can have a quiet beer while I wait.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    imagebess2626:

I love this post...

Let's see: I hate small dogs, I am definately lacking the "I want to be with my kids 24/7 chip" (I love my job), I don't change my kids diapers in the middle of the night, I was horrible with the vitamin drops and I also have little sympathy for people who have hurricane parties.....

And now I am thinking a lot about the whole ask the nanny to bathe the kids in the am by having "messy breakfast"  :)

An original confession:

I like to pick up dinner on the way home at places like Max and Erma's or Chilli's  so I can have a quiet beer while I wait.

love it. 

• Options

imageKristenS09:
    Sometimes after I'm done pumping I just sit in the room because I can't stand the idea of having to go back to my desk.  (or I'm at a really good part of my book)  I'm the only one that pumps so know one seems to notice if I take an extra 5 minutes

I've pared down my workouts to either cardio OR strength b/c I workout at lunch and feel guilt taking two pump breaks AND a full lunch.  I once went up to pump and planned on then going to do strength training. Instead, I put my head down and fell asleep for 45 minutes before pumping.

• Options
    I hate when I come on any of these boards and ppl complain about there DC provider.  It is alot harder than they think.  They are not our children, they are not our rules and SOME of us try very hard to do our jobs and do them right.  I love my job as a DC teacher but between the children, parents, boss and state its sometime hard to be perfect for everyone.  We all make mistakes.  Ok rant over!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"