April 2013 Moms
Options

GTKY: On the day you were born

2»

Re: GTKY: On the day you were born

• Options

Fun stories! I'll have to ask my mom, I don't know that I've ever heard anything about my birth day.

I do know that my parents had a friendly wager with another couple that was pregnant and due around the same time as my mom. I think it was $5 to whomever had the baby first. My mom lost. ;)

Brenda IAmPregnant Ticker BabyFruit Ticker Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
  • Options
    I was number 4 of 8 children. My mom didn't have any epidurals with any of us. The biggest weighing 10lbs 15oz (my youngest brother). I was born breech (butt first) and my mom labored for over 24 hours. She kept telling her OB that I was going to be breech and they kept telling her there was no way. When she was about to deliver, her OB wanted to know if 10 med students could come in and watch because they had never seen a breech delivery before. My dad was absolutely furious and told them no way! He wasn't too fond of having all those people in the delivery room :) Needless to say, I was a big baby weighing 8lbs 14oz. For weeks after the delivery I was stuck in the feet to head position because I was like that for months in the womb! My mom definitely gives me hope when it comes to delivering!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

imageNandaB:
    imageprincipessa81:
    I was born a day early. My mom's due date was All Saints Day and I was born on Halloween. Go figure! :My mom had a ridiculously easy labor, and I mistakenly thought it would be the same for me. She woke up around 6am with contractions, and I was born at 12:40pm. No complications at all.I, on the other hand, was VERY overdue when I was pregnant with Tony. For those of you who are going through your first pregnancy, I would highly recommend turning off your phone the week of your due date. My mom called every.flipping.day. the week before, the week of, and the week after I was due with Tony, asking if her grandchild was there yet. It was stressful and incredibly annoying I mean, did she really think I was going to keep that info from her???. I was finally induced at 41w4d, and I was in labor for 27 hours. Clearly, I wasn't meant to follow in my mother's footsteps! nbsp;
    Ugh! My MIL was the same way! Heaven forbid I didn't answer my phone the second she called. She would then call my hubby's cell. If he didn't answer she would call the house. Then my mother. Finally my hubby told her I PROMISE WE WILL TELL YOU WHEN SHE GOES INTO LABOR SO STOP FREAKING OUT AND CALLING EVERYONE!!! And I wasn't even overdue.

Dear God. That would have sent me over the edge. I think I was somewhere around 41weeks when I flat out told my mom "if you want to call to chat, that's fine. If you ask me one more time if I'm in labor, I will hang up on you and not feel the slightest bit of guilt." I love my mom a lot, but she is the type of person who will absolutely hound you to death if she thinks she knows better. I actually warned the nurses at the hospital that a crazy Italian woman might call and give them suggestions on how to jump start my labor. Seriously. (Fortunately she didn't go that far, but I wouldn't have put it past her).  

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    I know that I kept my mom in labor for a day and a half and came out right at lunchtime :) Long and arduous. Three days late to boot! Other than that, I know nothing.
  • Options
    I came a little over a week early. Water broke first and on the way to the hospital, my mom told dad that if i was
    A girl my name would be Bethany. I was going to be named Nichole prior tothat.

I came so fast that the Dr wasn't there to catch me. They pulled an intern in from the hallway. He almost dropped me cause i was fast and slippery.

Oh. And i was born at 1am.
  • Options
    imagemypalbabs:

What do you know about your own birth? I was super easy and she only push for about an hour.

Has your mom (if you know her) shared stories of her labor and delivery with you? yes, I was a loud and crazy baby with blonde straight hair. Which is now brown(always has been and super curly!)

Were you an easy or complicated birth? Easy! I was her only single pregnancy so I was a piece of cake to her! all 4 of my siblings are twins. 2 older 2 younger!

Married to Brandon since 2/14/06
    Twin Girls born on January 1st 2012:Brooklyn Avery(Brooke) & Eliana Meredith(Ellie)
    Ellie and Brooke both have Juvenile Diabetes
    Adopted a Brother and Sister in January of 2012
    Levi Ryan-October 25th 2007 and Caroline Paige(Carly)-July 23rd 2009
    Jonah Samuel born April 21st 2013
    Expecting Baby #6-June 2014!
  • Options
    I know I was born at 40w2d, and my mom had a vaginal birth without an epi. That's about it.
    Anneliese Olive 11/5/09
    Hazel Dianna 1/8/11
    Luna Valentine 4/25/13

• Options
    Early on my mom and I did not get along well when we are confined to a small space. I tried to come really early so she had to have stitches put in to prevent pre-term labor. Actually, I am named after the woman who worked with my mother at the time and who urged her to go to the doctor when my mom was complaining of pain. Fast forward to the day of my birth, my mom again said that I was ready to get out. I was almost born in the hallway of the hospital and they barely had time to get the stitches out. Needless to say it was a natural birth, but I was fairly small, 6lb, so she's never said it was too painful.
    Anniversary Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers image
  • Options
    My mom said I came fast, they called me the bullet! Lol I was 9 lbs and she had a natural and drug free birth with me just like she did with both of my brothers!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic BabyFruit Ticker
    We can't wait to meet our Blake Katherine!!
  • Options
    At two weeks two days past her due date my mon had an appointment with her midwife who stripped the membranes hoping to get things started. Sure enough that night my mom started having contractions. Her best friend, who is a labor nurse had come into town to meet the baby who should have already been born by now but it ended up working out bc she was up all night with my parents helping my mom labor at home.

The next morning it was the fisrt day of spring and it was time to go to the hospital and at that point it was snowing and my patents had an hour drive. They made it ok but the night before had been a full moon and LD was full, there wasn't a bed for my mom. So my mom dad, her friend, and my mom's mom and two sisters all hung out in the hospital cafeteria until she could get admitted. My mom said at this point she was in such terrible pain she was laying across several chairs they had pushed together and her friend gave her this advice "don't run from the pain, let it do it's work."

Finally she was admitted and I was born at 7 pm with no epidural. 8 lbs 7 oz, 20 inches long. My mom got a fourth degree tear so she was given half of a roast beef sandwich which she hates that night and told that was all she was going to get. She nibbled it slowly but was starving! Meanwhile my dad eventually went out for a huge meal at a diner close by.

Because I was born so late in the day visiting hours were over but my grandmother, two aunts and my moms friend were dying to see me first grandchild so they hid in a stairwell and my dad snuck me over to see them on the way to the nursery. I always love that part of the story.
  • Options
    My parents and my sister were fishing on a pier and my Moms water broke so she went and sat in the ruck unil m dad and sister were down because babies take a while to come. So my dad drove her o the hospial where they waited forever, she said she paced the hallways and that the contrations hurt so bad that they brought her to her knees. With my sister she had no pain. The dr said I wouldn't arrive for a while so my dad drove the 30 minutes home (my sis stayed at my nana's near the hosp) and as his head hit the pillow he dr called and said "come back the baby is coming!!" my dad arrived just in time and then I came within the next five minutes.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker} Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker}
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"