Success after IF

Transition to Room

If your LO slept in your room in the beginning, when did you transition them to their own room?  E sleeps in a PnP in our room, and I'm happy with that.  She still gets up at least once to nurse, and it's just easier for me to get her, nurse her, and put her back down all in our room.  But I don't want her to get too used to sleeping in our room, as she gets older.  I would like to have our bedroom back sometime, if you know what I mean.  Part of me thinks she's still young enough to not be forming habits, but part of me may just not want to let her go.  What did you do?

TTC with PCOS since November 2009
IUI#1 Femara/Ovidrel (cd 3-7) = BFP, m/c
IUI#2 Femara/Ovidrel (cd 5-9) = BFN
IUI#3 Femara/Ovidrel (cd 3-7) = BFP!
beta #1 11/23 = 270, P4 = 75
beta #2 11/28 = 2055
Our daughter E was born 7/29/2012!
Surprise, our 2nd daughter P was born 5/22/14!
imageImage and video hosting by TinyPicimage
imageimageimage

Re: Transition to Room

• Alanna slept in her co-sleeper until she was about 4 months. I started to let her take naps in her crib (in her room) when she was about 3 months old. She did great...but it was tough for us for the first few days. We missed having her in the room....but she adjusted well. She didn't STTN until she was 2, but that's another story. GL Mama!
    Beta #2 = 836
    Beta #1 = 160
    IUI#1 50mg Clomid = BFP!
    TTC #2 DX is .49 AMH

DD Born 5/15/09
    10/2 We have a beautiful Heartbeat!
    IUI #3 BFP! Beta #1 = 13, Beta #2 = 143, Beta #3 = 321, Beta #4 = 1300 Beta #5 = 6319
    IUI #2 = CP
    IUI #1 = BFN
    Unexplained IF
    TTC since June 2007
    Lilypie Maternity tickers Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
  • I was doing things the other way around I was sleeping in my LOs room so he's always been in his crib. So the person that had to transition was me. I was a nervous wreck the first night. I actually got up every few hours to check on him to make sure he was ok. I am getting such better sleep now, so it was the best for us.

I don't know how people sleep with babies in their room long term. My lo makes quite a but if noise and liked to thrash around. All the movement keeps me on edge.

If you want your room back, you should probably transition soon since no bad habits are forming now, but they can happen in the near future.

IVF #1 ET 1 d3 embryo 10/30/11 BFP
    3 Embryos frozen (1 d5, 2 d6)

DS born 07/29/12

FET #1 ET 1 d5 embryo 02/10/15 BFN

FET #2 1 d6 embryo didn't survive thaw, transferred last d6. CP :(

• Loading the player...
  • Both boys slept in a bassinet next to DH's side of the bed in the beginning. Although I think there was a lot more bed sharing than co-sleeping.

At about 3mo we Ferberized them to the crib in the nursery. With DS1 it took 3 nights and the 4th night was fine. With DS2 it took 2 nights and the 3rd night was fine.

Married 9-4-04

***PM me for my IF history***

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Kids Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers
  • We moved DS over when he was about 8 weeks. 

imageimage
    2 years, 2 surgeries, 2 clomid fails, 2 IUIs, 1 loss, IVF #1 - 10/25/10 = BFP!, DS is now 3.5yrs!
    TTC #2 - 6/12 surgery #3, FET #1 & 1.2 = BFN, 12/2012 FET #2 = BFP! DD is 1.5 yrs!
    Surprise! 12/16/14 BFP, loss #2 12/31/14

I can't wait for the "im getting a divorce" post in 5 years or so because your husbands were fed up with your disgusting chair asses from playing on the knot all day and getting fired 4-5 times for not doing any work. you guys are all winners!! ~ Laur929

• DD slept in her swing in the living room for 2 months with me on the couch.  At 2 months I moved to the bedroom (right beside living room) with door open.  Two weeks later I moved her to her room in the swing.  At 3 months we went on a trip and couldnt bring the swing so that was the end of that.  She slept in her crib when we got home and has ever since.  The first night in the crib she slept 4hr then the next night 6 hrs and by the end of the week she was back to 10-12hr straight in the crib.

TTC#1 for 19 months with PCOS and MFI IUI#3 + injectables = BFP!!!!  Beta#1-134(13dpiui) Beta #2-392(15dpiui) 
    #1 born December 2011
    TTC#2 - Beta #1 -51@10dpo Beta#2 -1353 @16dpo
    #2 born May 2013
    TTC # 3 June 2014 BFP 12-1-14
    #3 born August 2015 
    #4!!!!!!! due June 2017 
  • We just moved Grayson into his room into his crib two days ago. He had been sleeping in a pack 'n play in our room. The transition was easy peasy for him - he slept through the night like he has been. However, Dad was up all night worried about him ;)

Good luck with the transition!

Dx: Unexplained Infertility

TTC #1 
    IUI's #1 - #3 Clomid = BFN's, IUI #4 Follistim = BFP
    Grayson arrived via emergency c-section on 7/28/12!

TTC #2 
    IUI's #1 - #4 Follistim = BFN's
    IVF #1 w/ ICSI + PGS: Lupron/Follistim/Menopur
    ER 4/13 - 19R, 13F, 4 PGS tested embryos, 1 normal
    5/14 FET: BFP. Beta #1: 123, Beta #2: 327, Beta #3: 854
    Cora arrived 1/23/15 via RCS!
  • we moved DS to his room after 3 months (adjusted--he was a preemie). he slept in a PNP upto then.

"A friend loves at all times..." Pr. 17:17 MY GOOGLEPAGES BIO imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker
  • They were in RnPs in our room until 14 weeks exactly.  They started napping in their cribs a few days before 14 weeks, so I decided to bite the bullet and go for it.  They did great, thank goodness.
    MFI and (now) AMA
    IVF 1 April 2011 - Cancelled
    IVF 1.5 July 2011 - MC
    IVF 2 October 2011 - BFP!
    *Identical Twin Boys born June 2012*
    Here we go again...IVF 3 is underway!
  • We were told by our ped to move her when she starts rolling over because then the bassinet isn't safe. So, that's our plan! Don't know when that will happen!
  • Oh gosh ... I was horrible with DD. She slept by us in the PnP until just before she turned 5 months (in my defense we moved when she was 3 months old and I didn't get her new nursery done for a little bit). DS has been in his crib in his own room since about 6 weeks. I have been waaaaay more relaxed with my second ;)
    *My Loves, My Life, My Littles*

02/18/11, 05/24/12 and 12/03/13

• M was in our room in her crib until 6.5 months and then we moved her. She had sleep issues still though and we did sleep training at eight months. I was worried when we moved her but she is a few steps away and she sleeps better. Good luck.
    TTC #1 April 2009 Dx with PCOS September 2009 TI w Clomid x3 = BFNs IUI w Clomid = BFN TI w Clomid = BFP! August 2010 We are blessed. TTC #2 TTC on our own August & September 2012 = BFN x 2 (so I thought) Appt w RE Oct 2012 and got a BFP that day! Thank you, Lord. Nov 23 7 week u/s - so far so good. Jan 3 12 week u/s - still going strong. Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker
  • with our ds, he was in our room until 4 months old and when I wanted to start the transition we started just at nap time so he would get used to the idea of being alone. after a week or so of that we would start the first half of the night in his room and if he woke up he could come back with us. didnt take long and he was fine in his room!

GL!!!!

Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers

TTC since 2005
    missed miscarriage nov 2006- 4 failed clomid cycles-
    3 failed femara iui cycles-
    moving on to IVF oct 2011
    ER nov. 7th
    tansfered 2 blasts on 11/10
    lots of +hpt!!
    beta #1 on 11/21= 50.4
    beta #2 on11/23= 90.8
    another miscarriage 12/23
    moving on to Round 2 of IVF with an auto immune dx
    ER 4/23-retrieved 12 eggs
    ET 4/28 3 transfered
    Beta #1- 356
    Beta #2- 870

Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • So it sounds like I'm in the minority still having her in our room. I guess I need to suck it up, but I don't want to move her! I like having her so close. I will probably hold out a little longer till MH starts to push it.
    TTC with PCOS since November 2009
    IUI#1 Femara/Ovidrel (cd 3-7) = BFP, m/c
    IUI#2 Femara/Ovidrel (cd 5-9) = BFN
    IUI#3 Femara/Ovidrel (cd 3-7) = BFP!
    beta #1 11/23 = 270, P4 = 75
    beta #2 11/28 = 2055
    Our daughter E was born 7/29/2012!
    Surprise, our 2nd daughter P was born 5/22/14!
    imageImage and video hosting by TinyPicimage
    imageimageimage
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"