January 2012 Moms

Shake up (NBR)

So this board has been a little slow lately. I thought maybe I might try to start a conversation by asking a 'fun' question.

What is your guilty pleasure?

Mine is red wine. Preferable local. Specifically Blue Jacket Crossing St. Vincent! Yummy! I, also, like to bake. Lately, I've been trying to bake with vegetables. I made these Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Carrot cookies last week and they were awesome.  (https://onannasplate.com/2011/08/10/oatmeal-chocolate-chip-carrot-cookies/) Both kids loved them!

And (I don't know if this is technically considered a quilty pleasure) I actually like to put the groceries away! LoL! I do. I like organizing the boxes and cans and grouping everything in the fridge. It's weird. I know!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Shake up (NBR)

• My guilty pleasures are wine, usually white, and home decorating shows and websites. 
    image"">image"">imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • I love to snack on kid food- like string cheese, fruit snacks, and fruit roll-ups.  I'm also a sucker for fruit punch and kool-aid. I blame it on the fact that we never got treats like that growing up.

I also have an addiction reality TV.  I watch it all on my computer, so DH doesn't realize how much and what I actually watch.  America's Next Top Model, all versions of the Bachelor franchise, Big Brother, Teen Mom, 16 & Pregnant...

Anniversary

• Loading the player...
  • imageLibraryChica:

I used to drink red wine but I can't now because of some medication I'm on. I mourn its loss. So my guilty pleasure is overpriced coffee -- I love Barnies and dream of buying one of those fancy coffee makers that steam milk. I don't like sugary coffee drinks, but I love steamed milk.

I also love stationary. I love Christmas cards and thank you notes and putting things in cute little envelopes.

There are some non-alcoholic wines that aren't too bad at all! Maybe that would help ease the pain? :)

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • imagemeg_2006:

I love to snack on kid food- like string cheese, fruit snacks, and fruit roll-ups.  I'm also a sucker for fruit punch and kool-aid. I blame it on the fact that we never got treats like that growing up.

I also have an addiction reality TV.  I watch it all on my computer, so DH doesn't realize how much and what I actually watch.  America's Next Top Model, all versions of the Bachelor franchise, Big Brother, Teen Mom, 16 & Pregnant...

Ha! I love ANTM! But I only allow myself one show and Grey's Anatomy wins!

• I'm also a sucker for reality shows.  I don't have a particular one because I binge watch seasons after they're fully released, but I like Hell's Kitchen, Teen Mom, and ANTM.  I also still like certain anime series on Netflix like Ah My Goddess and Full Metal Alchemist.
    July '15 siggy challenge: Thanksgiving fails
    Lilypie Maternity tickers
    imageDaisypath Anniversary tickers
    PitaPata Cat tickersPitaPata Cat tickers
  • I'm a beer drinker and like to try new ones. My other guilty pleasures are dystopian books. I just finished The Passage and it was about 700 pages long. My husband and I are addicted to shows like Dexter, American Horror Face Off and Walking Dead. We wait til the baby is asleep to catch up on our shows. And I love hanging out with my girlfriends. Maybe once a month if we're lucky. It involves a lot of planning and I enjoy laughing with them.
  • DH makes fun of me for all the home decorating shows; I've been afraid to admit to my co-workers that I've been suckered in to watching Breaking Amish (yes I know its fake, but still). 

I'm also ashamed to admit that I have a 4-cup-a-day coffee habit (though its probably closer to 8 cups because of the size of the cup I use).

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"