Nurseries and Baby Gear
Options

How are you decorating above the crib?

I know not to hang anything there that could fall into the crib and hurt the baby.  I see a lot of design ideas on various sites that have frames above the crib.  I guess as long as the crib is pulled away from the wall it's not as dangerous.

However, looking for ideas.  Pics are a bonus :)

Thanks!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: How are you decorating above the crib?

• Options
    You can get decals that you peel and stick on for above the crib. In my daughters room we have a large peel and stick mural from etsy it is a tree branch with cherry blossoms.
  • Options
    We are taking the comforter from the crib set and hanging it on the wall behind the crib. However, the crib is not against the wall, there is at least a hand-widths space between the crib and the wall, so should the comforter fall it will go down that gap and not land in the crib.

BFP #1 12/02/11, M/C 12/08/11
    BFP #2 04/06/12, DD born 12/20/12
    BFP #3 06/09/14, M/C 06/15/14

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    I have had this question on my mind forever. I look at other people's nurseries and wonder why they would hang something above the crib. Prior to this room becoming a nursery, I had two heavy mirrors hanging on that wall. The first thing I did was take those off. I may or may not put anything on that wall. I like the idea of decals / soft bunting. 
    IAmPregnant Ticker BabyFetus Ticker BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options

We put these decals behind the crib. The wall is a dark pink and these decals are silver (and match our bedding):

https://www.laylagrayce.com/Products/Bloom-Wall-Pattern-Decal__BYGR10010.aspx

m/c March 2009 @ 5 weeks ~ m/c June 2009 @ 10 weeks ~ m/c February 2012 @ 4.5 weeks Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options

imagewatergirl21:
    You can get decals that you peel and stick on for above the crib. In my daughters room we have a large peel and stick mural from etsy it is a tree branch with cherry blossoms.

Same here!

Lillian April 17, 2012
  • Options
    I am hanging a crochet doily bunting that my grandmother made out of doilies crocheted by my GREAT GREAT Grandma. Love the sentiment of several generations watching over our daughter, and it looks gorg in the room!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options
    We have a large alphabet print over the crib but it is lightweight and plastic instead of glass. It is well anchored so dd couldn't pull it down and we don't live in an area with earthquakes so I feel ok with it there.
    image image

BFP #2 7/18/11 - EDD 3/29/12 - Born 3/13/12
    BFP #1 4/4/11 - Natural M/C - 7w1d - 4/30/11
    Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

• Options
    I used the quilt that came with LO's bedding as decoration above the crib and it looks so cute and can't harm him.
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
  • Options
    I've been wondering the same and liked the idea of decals. DH is into cars so liked this one to start with!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

We have a chevron wall decal from Etsy. The crib is framed by curtains that will be moved when she is bigger. Keep in mind, some people might have frames, bumpers, and other "unsafe" decorative items that they can remove once the baby is actually sleeping in their own room. 

• Options

we did this for DS (peel off stickers circles, wooden letters); for DD we'll do something similar only that that wall is lillac and instead of circes thre'll be yellow and pink butterflie and fireflies

Lilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers Anniversary
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"