January 2012 Moms
Options

Congested baby need advice

Hi ladies, so DS went to the Children's museum yesterday and had a blast crawling around but last night he was up all night crying which is not like him at all and today he had a runny nose and congested all day. Took his temp and it's normal so was happy about that. I put a cool mist vaporizer in his room, put vick's vapor rub on his chest and throat and used the ball syringe but don't know what else to do to help him. Do you have any advice? We've been lucky and this is the first time he's been sick and I hate seeing him feel like crap. Also DH just started a new job and we don't have insurance till Dec 1st so I'm assuming I wouldn't take him to the doc unless it gets worse or he gets a temp? Any advice is greatly appreciated and hope your LO's don't get any cold's soon!
Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Re: Congested baby need advice

• Options
    You're off to a good start. Put a rolled up towel under his mattress so he's sleeping at an incline. You could also close the bathroom door and turn the hot water on in the shower. Sometimes the steam helps clear things up a bit.

Baby Birthday Ticker Tickerimage

DD 1/3/2012
    BFP 5/21/2013 MC 5/24/2013
    BFP 7/16/2013 EDD 3/27/2014
  • Options
    I agree with PP. Have him sleep in an inclined position. DD had the same thing a couple months ago. So we used a humidifier, one of those plug-in vapor things (I'm sure this is a techinical term!!), and we put her in her rock n play to sleep at night. These things did wonders for her. If you have a bouncy seat or swing maybe you can try letting him sleep in that. My mom says the pedi she works for even says you can let them sleep in the car seat. 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Graco makes a battery powered snot sucker. My hubbie will suck out of one nostril and I put saline in the other nostril. Kind of like a neti pot. DD hates it but it works. Go it at Walmart for $20.good luck and hope LO feels better.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Are you sure it's a cold??? My LO took after his Mommy and has some serious seasonal allergies.  Periodically, we have a round of sneezing, coughing, and runny nose.  Our doctor told us to give him 2.5 ml of children's zyrtec daily.  It takes a few days of dosing to be fully effective but after 3 days or so we see great improvement.  I usually give him the meds daily for 1-2 weeks depending on the pollen counts.  Then we're off of it for a few weeks until the pollen counts spike again. 
  • Options

imageshamilton223:
    Are you sure it's a cold??? My LO took after his Mommy and has some serious seasonal allergies.  Periodically, we have a round of sneezing, coughing, and runny nose.  Our doctor told us to give him 2.5 ml of children's zyrtec daily.  It takes a few days of dosing to be fully effective but after 3 days or so we see great improvement.  I usually give him the meds daily for 1-2 weeks depending on the pollen counts.  Then we're off of it for a few weeks until the pollen counts spike again. 

That's funny you mention that I was just saying to my husband last night if it was maybe allergies because he's acting like his normal self otherwise. I've been doing a humidifier, saline drops, ball syringe and children's advil at night. I think he's slowly getting better so I guess I'll just let it run its course. All of us are sick in our house right now so hopefully it doesn't stay long. 

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"