June 2012 Moms

Living out of a bag...what to pack?

We are moving back to the mainland and have to ship all of our stuff by boat. I can ony take one suitcase and a carry on for my daughter. What would you pack? I use so much stuff, ie bouncer, swing, playmat, crib toys, etc. I'm not going to have any of this. I will have a pack n play, carseat, one stroller, and her luggage. I have no idea what to pack and what not. We won't have our stuff for 6 to 8 weeks. I have to have her stuff packed before tomorrow, when the mover comes. I'm such a procrastinor who thinks everything is a necessity. Wwyd????
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Living out of a bag...what to pack?

• A quilt/blanket works fine as a play mat. You can usually rock a carseat, so that can take the place of the bouncer and swing in a pinch. If I were in your shoes, I would be scrambling to pack:

-enough bottles to last at least 12 hours
    -burp cloths (we go through probably 5 a day); they also double as toys in supervised play!
    -warm sleep and plays
    -thermometer
    -nail clippers
    -swaddles or sleep sacks (whatever you use for sleeping)
    -a night light
    -a carrier if you use one
    -at least 2 pacifiers (b/c I always seem to be dropping one)

I don't know if you're going straight to a house or staying at a hotel for a while, but you'll also need to assess your bottle-washing situation and plan accordingly. Good luck!

• We really use the minimum with DS. He really doesn't like or hasn't taken to any gadgets or extras. So here's what we would need:

a couple of thick blankets for DS to play on
    a taggies type small blanket with crinkle stuff on it to occupy him in the car seat
    a couple brightly coloured, easy to grab toys
    sleep sacks
    I love dressing him in sleep and plays and stretchy cotton pants and onesies, rarely any "clothes"
    sleepers
    burp cloths
    a couple receiving blankets
    hooded towel, wash cloths, soap
    lotion
    carrier
    car seat and car seat cover

I EBF, but like PP said to consider how many bottles you'll need.

Even toys for me wouldn't be a must, DS is just as happy playing with his feet and socks, a wash cloth, burp cloth etc. You can put LO in her car seat if you need to put her down for a few minutes.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Stuff for solids?  Bowls?  Spoons?  Bibs?  High chair?
  • imageGnadtkins:
    Stuff for solids? nbsp;Bowls? nbsp;Spoons? nbsp;Bibs? nbsp;High chair?

She isn't on solids yet.

Thanks for the ideas, ladies. She's jus about all packed, and I've packed just about everything suggested.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"