Babies: 9 - 12 Months
Options

Pureed Foods....

Hi ladies!!  Been lurking for awhile and figured I'd come out of hiding and post again.  LO will be 11 months on Nov. 1st and I've been feeding her stage 2 pureed foods for awhile now along with puffs.  I've been trying new finger foods along the way and she gags like nobody's business and has even gagged to the point of throwing up!!  I've laid off and tried it again here and there but she is still gagging and is very dramatic.  Stick out tongue  She does fine with the puffs but I figured it is just because they dissolve.  Is anyone else still just feeding pureed foods and if I am is there anything to worry about?  I figured I will just keep trying until she gets used to it.  We are also a bit behind in the sippy cup department- still on the bottle and no end in sight.  Kind of feeling like a failure in the food/drink department.  Feedback would be good- thanks ladies!!
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Pureed Foods....

• Options
    Hi there! I know how you feel, my little one didn't want to get too much of the chunky stuff for a while my advice to you is to keep on trying but don't worry to much eventually she will catch up every kid does! But if you are too concern try to talk to you Dr. for some advice or what other things he/she may suggest. For the sippy cup my daugther didn't take it very well and she was choking herself really bad with it and our Pediatrician recommend to get one with a straw, and it really make the difference because she can actually control the flow better and how much to take, we like the Nuby Flip n' Sip Straw cup ... And just be patient because she may need time to get use to this new type of feeding too, hope this help a little and keep on going!
    image image Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    DH is more paranoid that DS will choke on anything that isn't a puree. I give DS bigger pieces of egg then DH would give, he does fine... I try to give DS what we eat, but some nights just so DH doesn't freak I'll give DS the puree. I'm usually the one feeding DS, so I guess that makes me more daring. GL, hope your LO figures things out for chewing and all that :]
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    My lo is 12 months, and we are having the same problem!!  He gags on anything other than pureed foods and puff-like finger foods.  I will be asking his Pediatrician at his 1 year app, but we are in the same boat as you!  I am still nursing him 3 x daily and he takes a sippy cup well.  But, he is sure not eating "table" foods at all!!
  • Options

Hm my DD is 9 months and eats everything we eat just chopped up into tiny pieces. She has 6 teeth though so I think that helps.  Anyway she mashes things with her gums very well.  Just trust your DD and start giving her some real food!

I usually take whatever we're having, say lasagna.  I put some on a cutting board, and take a big butcher knife and mince it finely and she loves it.   

• Options

I also feel like I'm slacking in the solids department.  I've pretty much just done pureed foods (mostly make my own) and puffs.  I've tried making the purees a little thicker and recently started adding finely ground up meats in with a pureed veggie.  As a FTM I feel paranoid about the girls choking on something, but also know that I need to let them start getting used to eating "table food".  The whole foods to avoid until a certain age list has me paranoid too even though we don't have a history of food allergies.  They can sort of drink from a sippy cup ..they get that they need to bring it to their mouth, it's just sometimes upside down haha.  One of my girls seems to swallow the water too quickly as she has a tendency to gag and cough on it quite a bit. 

Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"