September 2013 Moms
Options

Prepping for TTC

Hi ladies! 

My husband and I will start TTC our first baby in late November/early December. Are any of you TTC after being on the Depo shot or have used the Depo shot in the past? I was on it for a year (3 shots) from July 2011 - July 2012 (had my last shot in April 2012, so it would have "run out" in July.) I went right from Depo into the pill because we knew we were going to start trying within the year. After switching to the pill I was worried that it would take a while for my period to start going again, but the day after my first pill pack, I had my first period. Same goes for each month after. Then, in September, I decided to stop taking the pill and move just to condoms to allow my body to get "back to normal" without all the hormonal changes. I had a normal period in September, another 5 weeks later, and today I just started another period - only 2.5 WEEKS from my last.

My normal menstral cycle is 30-32 days, so the 5 week period wasn't a surprise - the 2.5 week one that just started today, however, is definitely a surprise! My question is, since I'm getting periods after depo, even though this one is irregular, does that mean I have been ovulating pretty regularly? I would assume so, but I feel like I need reassurance - typical woman, right? :)

PS - who else is getting excited about hopefully only having 1-2 more periods before that glorious BFP?!

Anniversary

Re: Prepping for TTC

• Options
    Sept 2012 here. Just wanted to answer your question. I quit taking the pill in July 2010 after I had been on it for about 6 years solid. It took me until December 2011 to conceive. I was having regular periods the whole time.

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    burp.

imageimageimage

Trying to get knocked up since June 2012 ~ Dx: PCOS

BFP 7.24.13 ~ EDD 4.2.14 ~ m/c  9.16.13 @ 11w4d

BFP 5.4.14 ~ EDD 1.12.15 ~ stick little bean!

TTGP 2013 Best Blog ~ Fruit ~ My BFP Chart 

• Loading the player...
  • Options

I have heard many stories of troubles getting pregnant after Depo. I myself took about a year from my last shot...but I didn't go to the pill after, I just went off hormonal BC totally. You won't know for sure until you try...I hope you don't have any hiccups. We are trying mid Dec., hope to see this September room again soon :)

photo 203b9128-895f-464c-a378-ff73eaf8c1ce_zps4de57ab1.jpg
    Xander, Hayden & Lily 5 1/2 and Jericho 3 My Blog!
  • Options
    wrong board
    imageimagephoto proudEPer2.gif
          BFP #1: 7/18/12, M/C 8/6/12 @6weeks  Missing our April Angel
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
                                           Image and video hosting by TinyPic
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"