Preemies

best carrier for preemies

What did/do you find best for baby wearing a preemie around the house? I'm looking into a ring sling, baby k'tan, mei tai, or moby (though all the wrapping intimidates me). 

Any advice/tips? 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: best carrier for preemies

• We have a moby, but I really dont enjoy it.  I feel like I can't always get her to stay secure in it and she slides lower and lower.   I've heard good things about the baby k'tan.  We also have an infantino baby carrier...it has an 8lbs weight minimum, but since she got to 8lbs my husband uses it a lot.  I can't seem to adjust it small enough for me to use.

~*Jenna*~

TTC since November 2009.

Currently licensed foster parents with the hope of adopting!  Also pursuing pregnancy through IUI!  First IUI scheduled 10/3/13

Currently loving our placements:

A 1/08

C 4/11

K 6/12

• I have a K'tan that I used a few times but never felt like she was really comfortable or supported well.  I also have a Beco Gemini that I like a lot.  We used it starting around 6-7lbs and she and I were both very comfy.  I got a lot done with her napping in the Beco!
    imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • I use both a Moby and a Bundleboo, depending on what I want to do.  I LOVE them both and love wearing Adalyn.  I watched some YouTube videos and they really helped me figure out the best way for me to wrap her up. 

I use the Moby all the time, especially when she is just fussy and I need to get her to sleep.  The Bundleboo is a woven wrap so it doesn't stretch like the Moby.  I use that when we go out for extended periods of time, a walk, or want her facing out while at dinner.  

I think that both said that there is an 8 pound weight minimum.  Adalyn is almost 14 pounds and I still have no problem wearing her in either wrap.  

TTC Since July 2008.
    Me: PCOS DH: Low everything (MFI)
    Clomid with TI x 3 2010 BFN
    Clomid+IUI+Ovidrel 2010 BFN
    IVF w/ICSI #1 2011
    9/8/11 Beta #1: 2082!! 9/19/11 Beta#2 34,689!! U/S 9/22/11 HR 127! 11/8/11 HR 150! 12/6/11 HR 136! 12/14/11 HR 139! Born at 26w2d on 2/4/2012! After 83 days in the NICU, Adalyn came home on 4/26/12!
    FET 1 3/2013 BFN
    FET 2 5/2013 BFN
    Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • I have a mei tai from ds1 that was awesome. Loved it and can't wait until DS2 is big enough for it. I was gifted a seven slings one that I hadn't planned on using, but I got desperate to fix ds1's lunch while ds2 was crying so into it he went. I still hate the fabric, but I'm happy I had it!
    Photobucket Lilypie Premature Baby tickers Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
  • I used an Ergo, with the infant insert. I loved it! We still use the Ergo, (but without the insert,obviously). Still comfortable for both of us at 15 months old.
    Daisypath Happy Birthday tickers
    Daisypath Happy Birthday tickers

• I love my moby! I'm only 5ft, so most other carriers just don't fit me correctly. I started using it when he was about 6lbs and am still using it at 16lbs. I can wear him for hours and still be comfortable. The trick is to tie it tighter than you think it should be. I also have a mei tai that is ok too, but not as comfortable as the moby. I got it when he was about 10lbs but had to wait until be was about 13lbs to use it.
    Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • I LOVED the Moby when they were really small.  Once they hit about 8lbs. we moved to the Ergo which I also LOVED!

• I use the Ergobaby with infant insert. Super comfy and DD can actually lift her head and look around if she wants to. (But mostly she just falls asleep!) I think she was between 5 and 6 pounds when I first started using it (with the insert of course) and I was still able to position her safely and there was no issue.
    March 2017 September Siggy Challenge: Favorite Fall Things

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Pregnancy Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"