November 2011 Moms
Options

if ur lo is allergic to cows milk what are u doing at 12mo?

My daughter is on nutramigen now. We're going to slowly make a switch here soon to goats milk. But what is your plan to transition from whatever formula you are on now to whatever milk you are going to try? What kind of milk will you try?
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: if ur lo is allergic to cows milk what are u doing at 12mo?

• Options
    My DD is allergic to soy and milk.  DD has other feeding issues and we can't go to milk at 12 months, we have to continue the Alimentum until probably 15 months.  When we get the clear to go to milk (and she is still allergic) we are going to try coconut milk.
    photo a42489fa-98a3-436b-b31b-266d7d204e5d_zpsde5f201a.jpg
    my read shelf:
    Molly's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)Follow Me on Pinterest
    Anniversary
  • Options
    We will be making the switch from BM to soy milk. I just need to find a flavor that LO likes. If I have no success with soy, then I will try almond milk next. But I haven't run this past the pedi yet. I don't think it will be a problem though.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    My LO is BF and is allergic to milk, we've been giving soy in her sippy and in her cereal for about 2 weeks now. We're going to start transitioning it into her bottles in another few weeks. One oz at a time
  • Options
    I plan to rotate through coconut, hemp, almond and soy, since none are nutritionally complete on their own. Be careful with goat's milk, since it is low in folate. I read somewhere that the official recommendation is for babies to receive either whole cow's milk, breast milk or formula until age two, so you could continue formula I guess? Have you seen a pediatric dietician?
  • Options
    We will challenge DD when the pediatrician gives us the okay.  If she is still having issues, we will keep her on elecare or move her to elecare junior.  We will challenge her again 6 months later.

BFP #1 10/13/09 EDD 06/20/10 DS Born on 06/26/10
    BFP #2 03/08/11 EDD 11/16/11 DD Born on 11/04/11
    BFP #3 08/29/12 EDD 05/06/13 M/C on 08/30/12
    BFP #4 11/01/12 EDD 07/09/2013 M/C on 12/28/12
    BFP #5 04/30/13 EDD 01/03/14 DS Born on 01/02/14
    BFP #6 01/11/15 EDD 09/22/15 M/C 03/09/15
  • Options
    Pedi says most children outgrow it by 12m but if she is still allergic we will do almond milk, I am lactose intolerant so I use it anyway. If for some reason she had a problem with that then I'd do either coconut or rice milk. Our Pedi said to stay away from soy and goats milk.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"