June 2012 Moms

well-meaning morons (vent)

My husband went out with some friends last night. One couple without kids and the other w/ a 3.5 yr old and a 9 yr old.

They were telling DH that we should let LO CIO because they let their 3.5 YEAR OLD cry when she throws a tantrum.

Hello? Are you comparing a toddler that has no manners and is not disciplined to an infant that does not know how to express her needs except for crying? 

I am so angry that people try to give advice when it was not solicited.

Funny thing is that these parents co-slept w/ their children and spoiled the younger one rotten (she doesn't eat with utensils at 3,5 yo, gets everything if she wants if she screams...) and they want to tell me how to parent my child...

amazing!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker image

Re: well-meaning morons (vent)

• My dad always tells me I'm spoiling DS by not letting him "exercise his lungs." Ugh. Everytime he says this I tell him, "Dad, there is no physical benefit to crying. And my 4 month old baby isn't trying to manipulate me. On top of all of that, if I'm not doing anything except caring for DS, why leave him to cry?
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • grrrr, so annoying!  Did you tell them you'd rather not take their advice bc you don't want LO to turn out like their kids? Just kidding

I've never actually had any good unsolicited advice, it's always something I don't agree with. For example, today at church, DD was sucking her thumb. A lady came up to us and said, "She's sucking her thumb, uh oh!!" Um, yes she does, we're cool with it thanks. The same lady tried to give DD cake frosting at the baby shower after church. So it's bad for her to suck her thumb, but a good idea for her to eat cake frosting??

Anniversary Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Oh my gosh, I totally understand! I also love when my H's grandma comes over and holds dd and will tell me...'she's gassy."  Oh so that's what that noise is?!?!?!? Ugh!!
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • You know what's going to happen, don't you? Soon, we'll be dishing out all the advice that nobody wants to hear. It's bound to happen. Haha.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • imagestepper1725:

grrrr, so annoying!  Did you tell them you'd rather not take their advice bc you don't want LO to turn out like their kids? Just kidding

I've never actually had any good unsolicited advice, it's always something I don't agree with. For example, today at church, DD was sucking her thumb. A lady came up to us and said, "She's sucking her thumb, uh oh!!" Um, yes she does, we're cool with it thanks. The same lady tried to give DD cake frosting at the baby shower after church. So it's bad for her to suck her thumb, but a good idea for her to eat cake frosting??

I get the "uh oh, he's sucking his thumb" all the time. And then it's followed by, "that's why we gave him a pacifier, so we can have control over how long they are going to be sucking on it."  So annoying!!! 

• imageacbfreire:

My husband went out with some friends last night. One couple without kids and the other w/ a 3.5 yr old and a 9 yr old.

They were telling DH that we should let LO CIO because they let their 3.5 YEAR OLD cry when she throws a tantrum.

Hello? Are you comparing a toddler that has no manners and is not disciplined to an infant that does not know how to express her needs except for crying? 

I am so angry that people try to give advice when it was not solicited.

Funny thing is that these parents co-slept w/ their children and spoiled the younger one rotten (she doesn't eat with utensils at 3,5 yo, gets everything if she wants if she screams...) and they want to tell me how to parent my child...

amazing!

so frustrating and annoying!! 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"