March 2012 Moms
Options

Frustrated crawlers?

My like guy has the whole thing going on EXCEPT for his arms... he always pushes up on his arms and gets frustrated because he hasn't figured out how to move his hands to go forward.. he doesn't army crawl he gets up on his knees with arms out straight.  He can move his knees back and forth so all he really needs to do is figure out his arms and we're off and running...  he just gets so damned frustrated.  He gets around by going backwards, or round in circles till he gets where he wants to be but forward just isnt his thing unless he literally throws himself forward and face plants lol.

anyone else having forward motion issues where they just wont use forearms to army crawl?
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Frustrated crawlers?

• Options
    My LO is opposite of yours. She has the arms down just can't figure out her legs. When she tries she wants to be on her feet which makes her butt go straight up. Then she tumbles over. She doesn't get that she has to bend her knees and them be up on them. I love watching her learn, even though she is growing up way to fast!
  • Options
    Mine can't seem to figure out how to get up on her knees.  She still gets around though, so she isn't really frustrated.  She also doesn't get that she has to bend her knees.  Her "crawl" is more like an army crawl/worm.
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Wipz, DD did the same thing. She would end up looking like she was in Downward Dog or with her face in the carpet and butt in the air. We went to a Gymboree class where a bunch of babies were crawling and she figured it out there by watching the other kids.

I do miss that butt up pose. It was hilarious!
  • Options
    imagelisadfox:
    Wipz, DD did the same thing. She would end up looking like she was in Downward Dog or with her face in the carpet and butt in the air. We went to a Gymboree class where a bunch of babies were crawling and she figured it out there by watching the other kids. I do miss that butt up pose. It was hilarious!

ok so my antisocial nature and lack of daycare are to blame... I'm a shitty mommy.. guess DH and I will be army crawlin in the super jail cell lol...
  • Options
    DD is getting into a perfect plank position. Then she tries to pull her legs under her and falls down. Right now she's ok with is but I can see her starting to get frustrated in the next few days.
    Baby Birthday Ticker TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    My DS army crawls. So funny, he pulls with his arms, and kicks his feet. It's almost like he is swimming on land. He does get up on all fours, but can't figure out how to move. He doesn't stay up on all fours very long, though. He doesn't seem frustrated, as he is pretty fast with his army crawl and rolling. He gets where he needs to go!

BFP with #2- Sept 6, 2013  EDD May 20, 2014   MC Sept 26, 2013 @ 6 wks 2 days

• Options

DS didn't have any examples and it took him until 8 months to figure out how to use his legs.  But once he did, he became extremely mobile, very quickly.  He was fully walking by 10 months.  I really would not be in a hurry.

DD is crawling, but she has her brother to watch on a daily basis, and she is fixated on him and his toys, LOL.  She's also been sitting independently since about 3 months.  I'm really not ready for her to move... but she is anyway.  I want my baby back.  :(  I think she'll be walking by Christmas- 9 months- it astounds me how fast they grow!!!

It is so fun though to watch them grow and develop on a daily basis!!! 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"