Babies: 9 - 12 Months
Options

Sippy Cup Question...

So this may be a dumb question... 

My daughter has been using sippy cups for a few months now. I started with the one good for 4month olds, moved to the style for 6 month olds, then 9 month olds. My question is - should she no longer be using the one designed for 4 month olds? Is this more of a transition cup and she should only be using the ones designed for babies her age?

We size up for nipples on bottles, wasn't sure if the same went for sippys! 

Re: Sippy Cup Question...

• Options
    I honestly never though about this before but is a good question, my daugther is 11 months old and she still have her sippy's from when she was younger and she still use them, and she seems fine, the only thing I see is that the more grown up sippy cups holds more liquid than the others, so I guess is ok depends on how much liquid you want them to take I guess!
    image image Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    DD does much better with a straw cup than a regular Sippy. The straw cup she uses is for 18 months. I am hoping she will catch on to a regular Sippy b4 a year. Anyway I think if its working then keep using it. 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I've never thought about this either, but I think most of the packages usually say 4+ months so I think they're saying not to be used before that age.  We disregard that anyway because we started with a straw cup at 6 months, which I think said 9 month on it.  Oh well.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

It's kind of like nipple sizes for bottles.  They give you a base age, but every baby is different.  Some stay on slow flow forever, and some go right on schedule.  Some are different for each brand.

I say use whatever she seems to like.  You'll know if she's struggling to get the drink out, and then it's time to ditch that size and go for a bigger one.  My 2 1/2 year old niece can still drink out of a few of DS's sippy cups, depending on what kind it is.  DS, on the other hand, will only drink out of straw sippys since we started him, even though they're made for older kids. 

Anniversary

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"