Parenting after a Loss
Options

well crap re:sleep

DS is a tummy sleeper. He hasn't sleep on anywhere but my chest or in his car seat. He has such a strong head control I let him have a few mins of tummy time today [8 days old] he feel asleep not on my boob for the first time. I thought it was a fluke until 10 mins ago when I laid him down awake for a few more mins of tummy time before bed time. Down for 5 mins and he passed out again. I can't bring myself to let him sleep this way when I am not awake to watch him like hawk. I don't want him to need me sleep but I can't let him sleep on his tummy yet. What the heck do I do? I can't let him be like em who just last week learned to put her self to sleep. What would you do?

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: well crap re:sleep

• Options
    I couldn't let DS sleep on his tummy either, even now it freaks me out when he flips over at night. Do you swaddle him nice and tight? That was the only way I could ever get DS to sleep, once we got the swaddle down things got better... but for the first month he slept on me or in the car seat or swing most of the time. Its ok to let him need you now, babes need snuggles from mom! 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    Swaddle doesn't work at all he fights and crys until he is free. My grandfather bought me a swing and I will try it out when I get it tomorrow. [ we bought and sold em's swing because once she out grow it we didn't have a place to store it. 3 year move] he startles himself awake when I put him down on this back. I guess a few more months of being a mom mattress won't kill me. I made it 2.5 years I can make it a few more months.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    We swaddled DD to get her to sleep. Hope DS is adaptable!

imageimageimageTTC since 07/11 | natural m/c 08/11 | BFP 12/6/2011 | Elinor Anna born 8/18/2012 | BFP #2 1/16/2014
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    I didn't let DD sleep on her belly until she could roll herself over. Then there was no stopping her so there wasn't much I could do.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    It took us a week or so to get him to stop fighting the swaddle - it has to be ridiculously tight. Have you tried swaddling when he's asleep? If he's startling awake a swaddle would really help - it might take some time to get him used to it. DS had reflux so I had to keep him upright for 30 min after he ate, so I'd just swaddle him right afterwards then rock him till the time was up. Have you read/watched Happiest baby on the block? Lots of good sleep ideas in there. Not that you have a ton of time w/ a newborn & a toddler... but nursing gave me some time to catch up on reading. 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"