Dallas-Fort Worth Babies
Options

Moving in January from Minnesota

Hi everyone!

My family will most likely be moving to somewhere in the Plano area at the start of the new year. My husband will be working in West Plano. We are planning on renting for a little while--but I'd love any recommendations on neighborhoods (especially ones to avoid!), schools, etc.

I have a 3 year old DS and a 1 year old DD. I'm scared to death, but also pretty excited for this new adventure for us!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Moving in January from Minnesota

• Options

West Plano is very high dollar, and everyone I've heard who has moved from Plano has hated it and never looked back. The schools there are good, but Frisco schools are also good. Frisco is not far from Plano at all, and the commute wouldn't be anything. There are lots of nice, newer neighborhoods in Frisco and plenty of shopping as well. (My two cents. :)

You shouldn't have a problem at all finding a place to rent anywhere in the DFW area. GL!

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    I agree. Frisco is really a great area for families. The schools are wonderful and the parks are nice.  Seems to be safe and easy to get around. Shopping is convenient and quick access to tollways.
    Me:37 DH:40 Married 7/2009 TTC since 5/2012 
    BFP 4/2013, Our Christmas Miracle Due 12/18/2013
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Depending on what type of commute your husband wants to have, Allen is another great area- great school district with a lot of kid-friendly activities. We've lived here for almost four years, and when we outgrow this house (it was our first home to purchase before DD was born) in a few years with two kiddos we will stay in Allen. 
    Lilypie Maternity tickers
  • Options
    I have lived in the W. Plano area/Frisco border area for years. I have always rented apts. and loved all of the areas that I have lived in.  I don't plan on ever leaving Plano.  This is after living in Rockwall, Dallas and out of state.  If you have any questions on specific areas PM and I will let you know more info about them if I have the knowledge. 
    BabyName Ticker Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options

We are in the process of moving down to the DFW area right now. We didn't look in  Plano so I can't speak to those neighborhoods. We looked primarily in Flower Mound and Coppell. We ended up, surprising ourselves, building in Frisco. We were just really attracted to how much there was to do in Frisco and the excellent parks and school plans. We also had some housing needs that were hard to meet in places with older homes so that sort of forced us into new build. 

If I can be of any help, let me know. I have a 4 yo and a 2 yo so if we end up living close by we're a perfect play date! 

Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • Options
    Thanks everyone! This is good to know. I've been hearing nothing but good things about Plano, so I'm glad to see some more opinions! 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    imagemegperk72:

West Plano is very high dollar, and everyone I've heard who has moved from Plano has hated it and never looked back.

Wow, I have never heard this before!

OP, we moved from Austin two years ago to Plano, and my job is in west plano, so we rented in west plano. Anything in west plano would be good. When you get to east plano, there are areas that are not so pleasant, and you would get the feeling right away. 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"