Parenting after 35
Options

Do you consider spotting AF?

3 months PP and still no AF. I had one day of spotting... Well I'm not sure I would even call it spotting, it was only when I wiped after bathroom... Sorry tmi! Would you consider that the return of AF? I used to be pretty regular so am wondering what's taking so long. I am not breastfeeding so that's not the reason. My Dr wants to put me on birth control if AF hasn't returned by 4 months.
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Do you consider spotting AF?

• Options
    Nope. I wouldn't call that AF at all. My first time is pretty noticable. The soonest I had it after baby was 5 months, latest was 11. Loved that. I was EBF though, that makes a difference. Not sure what your doctor's hurry is though, even ff moms take awhile for AF to show up.
  • Options

I agree with the pp....when you get your first post-partum AF, there will be no denying it.  Brace yourself.

I have heard of people not getting it for up to 6 months even w/o BFing.  I don't think it is unusual not to have it by 4 months, but I'm not sure since I EBF both kids.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I wouldn't. I got my PP AF 2 months after I stopped BFing and it was pretty obviouous. I don't think you should worry, but if it will give you a piece of mind, I would consult your doctor.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

I agree with PP's. If I remember correctly you FF, but even with that in mind it can take a while for AF to return and it can be wonky for quite a while too.

If I'm wrong and you BF, I EBF and AF hasn't returned. I EBF'd DS1 too and AF didn't return until 2 weeks after I weaned him at 18 months.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"