Parenting after a Loss
Options

BFing check in late

Sorry ladies I have lost track of days. Omg I have a 7 day old!
So achievement and fail
Problems
GTKY: Do you breastfeed in public? Covered? Or do you go hide?

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: BFing check in late

• Options
    Achievement baby boy is here and bfing without major problems yet. Started pumping when my milk came in so far I have 20 oz in my freezer.
    O.o I am an effing cow. Moooooo!
    Failure I feel asleep last night before pumping and woke up 3 hours later with 2 rocks where my boob should have been.
    Problems same as last time stupid left nip is flat and a pain to get baby boy to latch to. Oh and my let down is forceful so he chokes on the milk 4 out of 10 feedings. We will keep trying all the normal things and hope he figures it out like big SIS did.
    GTKY: I go hide and cover. Changing room, cars, spare bedrooms anywhere I can be alone to nurse when I am not around only my closest friends, husband, daughter or my mom. But when you have freaking I/J cup boobs they don't hide easily so nursing in public is more of a pain the more boob you have.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options

Congratulations WearingRed!!! I can't believe you're around so soon. 

Achievement-I've sent mostly BM to day care this week instead of mostly formula last week.  I'm also getting two pumping sessions in at work and one at night.  I think this is huge for me after being back to work only a week and getting into a pumping routine.  

I can't think of any fails this week, so I guess that's another achievement.

I don't breastfeed in public. I couldn't figure out right clothing and stuff involved and most of the time I planned our trips around feedings.   Adding-I never thought about going to a dressing room to nurse.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

Congrats on your newborn!!!! 

My LO is near 15 mos

Achievement - I remembered to pump during my business trip

Fail - We made no effort last week to transition from bottle to cup for milk

Problems - DH is ready for me to stop BF and I have mixed feelings about it.

GTKY: I shyly BFd in public behind a cover.  At home, half the time I would hide from my ILs.  I BF openly with my friends and immediate family.

GL all!

Unexplained IF/RPL

TTC#1 2003 BFNs, 2004-2009 imageimageimageimageimage 5 angels above

2010 IVF-PGS-FET#1, DD b. Aug-2011 image

TTC#2 2012 BFNs, 2013 FET#2, DS b. Nov-2013 image

TTC#3 2015 BFNs, FET#3 image (my 6th and last angel above)

Journey Complete.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options

Achievement- Getting C to latch and feed without screaming at least 75% of the time now. Night time and early mornings are hardest because I seem to be the most engorged and she has no patience when my boobs are full.

Fail-The other 25% of the time when she just wont latch because she is screaming her head off. We usually start the day with a bottle so I can pump and then she can nurse.

GTKY: Do you breastfeed in public? Covered? Or do you go hide?

I have fed in Target (in the dressing room/no cover), at the pedi, and in the backseat in a parking lot (also not covered). If I were in a blatantly public place I might cover up but it depends on if C would go for that.

• Options

OMG YOU DO! You're awesome, mama.

Achievement this week would be pumping a whole lot after DD's morning feed... and fail would be pumping a whole lot after DD's morning feed. I can't decide if I should just own my engorgement in the morning or try and correct it. Part of me likes being able to put away more milk than we need, and the other part hates waking up with bowling balls for breasts.

I do BF in public, and without a cover. Mostly I'm not really comfortable nursing in front of men that I know... strangers I could care less about, and I always ask my female friends if they're okay with it first. I keep telling myself I'm on a one woman crusade to normalize BFing in public in the midwest. But some dudes still don't need to see my boobs.

imageimageimageTTC since 07/11 | natural m/c 08/11 | BFP 12/6/2011 | Elinor Anna born 8/18/2012 | BFP #2 1/16/2014
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    Congrats wearingred!

I'm still BFing so that's my achievement. Hoping to make it to the 12 month mark. I still am amazed that she is still able to get all her nourishment from me!

Fail: not increasing my pumping...I'd like to have a decent stash when I return to work, but I hate to pump. It feels like such a waste of time. I'm not a productive pumper. DD is much more efficient.

I NIP often. Today I NIP at the grocery store in my Ergo. Nobody can see anything, so I don't see the problem. Baby's gotta eat :]

Hope everyone has a good weekend!
  • Options

Good morning ladies!

Achievement:  Every week my achievement will pretty much be the same - I successfully nursed for another week! 

Fail: No fails this week that I can think of.

GTKY:  I haven't NIP yet.  I bring pumped bottles if I'm out and about.  My grandma just made me a nursing cover, so that will make me much more comfortable when the time comes.  I'm also excited to have it to use when family is over.  I will feel much better being covered. Until now, I've been going to another room. 

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Baby Birthday Ticker TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options
    Achievement:  I've now made it 8 months with DD - and I have a 600oz freezer stash so I'm not stressed about pumping at work which helps a lot. 

Fail: None that I can think of

GTKY:  I've NIP with and without a cover.  DD is very distracted and hates the cover so sometimes it is more discrete to not use the cover.  Also most times I try to use a cover she yanks it off.  I have some nursing tops I love which hide pretty much everything (I'm a B so not much to show).  The only time I felt awkward was nursing at my company picnic since I work with mostly guys.  Thankfully most of my male coworkers have young kids and understood.

Missed m/c 10/25/10 @ 11.5 weeks

• Options

imagedotmbc:
    imageNYallie:
    Achievement:nbsp; I've now made it 8 months with DD and I have a 600oz freezer stash so I'm not stressed about pumping at work
    Holy crap! Good job!

Thanks - but I will admit part of the reason that its so big is that DD hates taking bottles and only takes about 8 oz a day at daycare while I pump between 12-16.  She eats normally during the weekend so I don't want to drop pumps.

Missed m/c 10/25/10 @ 11.5 weeks

• Options

Achievement: Still no formula - woohoo

Fail: My pump sh!t the bed and it took me a couple days to figure out... I've got a hospital grade pump so I've been trying really hard to rebuild what I lost but today I only pumped once after his am feed. Not looking forward to lugging that thing to work - BUT it is as awsome as a pump could be. I"m going to miss it when the new motor comes in.

Well it all depends - DS and I both hate the cover, it just doesn't work (and I'm with WR, I've got G/H boobs and it makes NIP a really challenge if you're modest at all... which I am - too much real estate). I nurse in front of DH and my mom, that's all. I cover in front of others though its usually an epic fail... I'm a big fan of dressing rooms and hidey places. But I've Bfed in arenas during horse shows, I just have DH hold the cover up like a screen from my shoulder. I get some looks but meh. I did nurse on a breakwater once w/ no cover, DH was more freaked out than I was. I'm definltey more uncomfortable in front of people I know. 

• Options

Hi ladies! Congrats on your 7-day-old, Red!

Achievement: Another week down.

Fail: I meant to start giving DS a bottle more often, since he will take one if he has to but he really doesn't like it. I am going back to work part-time on 11/13 (boooo) so he will be going to daycare, and mama's boobs aren't going to be there. But...every time he was hungry, it was just so much easier to nurse him than to fight with him about the bottle.

Problems: Still fighting thrush. I hate thrush.

GTKY: I do NIP. If we're in a store or something, I usually try to make it back out to my car first, since I have H+ boobs. As PPs have mentioned, those puppies can be hard to cover up! I usually just use a blanket or burp cloth to cover the important bits as much as possible.

I used to be much more nervous about NIP when I was nursing DD, but I got over it quickly with DS. When he was 4 days old we had to go back to the local hospital for a bilirubin check. Of course I had to fill out all kinds of insurance paperwork since he'd never been there before. We were sitting in a big room with lots of other patients filling out paperwork, and he started screaming his little head off. Shushing didn't work, so I finally whipped out a (huge, engorged) boob, had to peel the gel pad off so I'm sure somebody got an eyeful, and popped him on. Blissful silence. The funny thing was, as we left, I noticed a huge sign in the lobby celebrating National Breastfeeding Week! If there was ever a good time to flash somebody, that was it!

• Options

Achievement: My supply is slowly increasing again. I'm not back to my 8oz pumping sessions at work yet, but I'll take any increase I can get! I've been taking fenungreek, munching down lactation cookies, and pumping while feeding at night.

Failure: Last night I decided to treat myself and went to bed early. I woke up this morning and realized I forgot to put my pumped BM from work in the fridge last night. SadI had to poor 9oz down the drain. I wanted to cry! 

No real problems, just continuing to get my supply back up.

GTKY: I haven't really BFed in public, but I have done it in front of people at friend's houses. (Like right now Smile) I use a cover. I don't feel like I have the right shirts to try to do it with out one.

photo e9455f4d-9751-469e-a19f-460104cd2e5c.jpg photo jan15.jpg
    BFP #1 5/20/10 Natural MC at 5w4d 5/28/10
    BFP #2 11/3/10; BO at u/s 10w6d 12/16/10; Natural MC 1/7/11; D&C 4/21/11
    BFP #3 10/27/11 Please stick, LO!! 2/6/12 It's a Girl! Alexis Grace born 6/29/12
    BFP#4 4/27/14 Stick, stick, stick!! 8/11/14 It's a Boy! Evan Wesley born 1/8/15
    "Patience is waiting. Not passively waiting. That is laziness. But to keep going when the going is hard and slow, that is patience."  Let it Be (blog)My BFP Charts
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
    This time I'm not leaving without you.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"