Success after IF
Options

Tummy time ? UPDATED

DC has E doing tummy time on a boppy in her crib.nbsp; Is that safe?nbsp; I know the boppy says not for sleeping, and I'm afraid she's going to fall asleep on it.nbsp; Am I overreacting?

UPDATE:
Ok. So I talked to DC. MH called and asked them to move E. when the front office girl went in there, she was not in the crib. She had been in the crib with the boppy, but not for 45 minutes. They moved her but left the boppy so that was what I saw. However, both boppies and tummy time in cribs IS against policy, and the teacher has been retrained. And they are moving E to a different crib that is better seen on the camera, her previous one was half obstructed. I feel much better now. Thanks ladies.
TTC with PCOS since November 2009
IUI#1 Femara/Ovidrel (cd 3-7) = BFP, m/c
IUI#2 Femara/Ovidrel (cd 5-9) = BFN
IUI#3 Femara/Ovidrel (cd 3-7) = BFP!
beta #1 11/23 = 270, P4 = 75
beta #2 11/28 = 2055
Our daughter E was born 7/29/2012!
Surprise, our 2nd daughter P was born 5/22/14!
imageImage and video hosting by TinyPicimage
imageimageimage

Re: Tummy time ? UPDATED

• Options
    P did tummy time on the Boppy all the time. If she isn't alone, I think it is totally fine. Even if she falls asleep they can reposition her. It's not like they are putting her down and then leaving, right?
    Unexplained Infertility

After two Clomid cycles, three injectable IUI cycles, two IVFs, two miscarriages, and one lap surgery, IVF #2 has brought us our little boy!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

TTC #2
    After months of being postponed or cancelled, FET #1.3 (Natural FET) brought us twin girls!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Surprise! Baby #4 is due in March!
  • Options
    As long as it is constant supervision I think it is ok.  Why do they do it in the crib though?  Seems like encouraging playtime in there is counterproductive.

imageimage
    2 years, 2 surgeries, 2 clomid fails, 2 IUIs, 1 loss, IVF #1 - 10/25/10 = BFP!, DS is now 3.5yrs!
    TTC #2 - 6/12 surgery #3, FET #1 & 1.2 = BFN, 12/2012 FET #2 = BFP! DD is 1.5 yrs!
    Surprise! 12/16/14 BFP, loss #2 12/31/14

I can't wait for the "im getting a divorce" post in 5 years or so because your husbands were fed up with your disgusting chair asses from playing on the knot all day and getting fired 4-5 times for not doing any work. you guys are all winners!! ~ Laur929

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    imageLR70707:
    As long as it is constant supervision I think it is ok.nbsp; Why do they do it in the crib though?nbsp; Seems like encouraging playtime in there is counterproductive.

I totally agree with this! Using the boppy is fine and a great way to get some tummy time especially for those babies who arent that fond if it but I'd reserve the crib for sleep time not playtime.
    image DS 7.6.2011 TTC#2
  • Options

They're doing it in the crib because there are several crawlers and one walker in her room, and I think they were sort of running E over.  However, I agree that I don't think she should be "playing" in her crib.

They are still in the room, but they are walking away from her crib.  I know I worry too much, but I'm afraid she'll fall asleep and they won't notice bc she's so quiet.  Her crib is in the back corner away from where they sit to feed babies and fill out the notebook.

beta #2 11/28 = 2055
    imageimageimage
  • Options
    AND she's been in there for 45 minutes. That is too long for a 3 month old to be doing tummy time. I'm not happy with this.
    beta #2 11/28 = 2055
    imageimageimage
  • Options

When C was your LO's age, the boppy was the only way I could get him to do tummy time.  But I completely agree that 45 mins is too long at that age.  I'd talk with DCP about it.

Good luck!

TTC since April 2009 dx = PCOS; TTC History for DS - A FET miracle after 7 IUIs; 2 fresh transfers, and 1 other FET resulted in BFNs. Hoping and Praying for baby #2: Cycle 1 - FET; November 2012 BFN Next Steps - who knows? Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Options

imageTJ1979:
    AND she's been in there for 45 minutes. That is too long for a 3 month old to be doing tummy time. I'm not happy with this.

eeks! that is too long... sounds like she is not getting enough attention. It is too bad that they have crawlers and walkers in the same room as non-mobile infants. Some dc split them up. is there any way to fence the mobile kids off away from the infants so they don't have to play in the crib?

IVF #1 ET 1 d3 embryo 10/30/11 BFP
    3 Embryos frozen (1 d5, 2 d6)

DS born 07/29/12

FET #1 ET 1 d5 embryo 02/10/15 BFN

FET #2 1 d6 embryo didn't survive thaw, transferred last d6. CP :(

• Options
    imageamandaleigh1:

imageTJ1979:

eeks! that is too long... sounds like she is not getting enough attention. It is too bad that they have crawlers and walkers in the same room as non-mobile infants. Some dc split them up. is there any way to fence the mobile kids off away from the infants so they don't have to play in the crib?

Theoretically that was the idea, this is supposed to be an infant room, then they have what they call a wobblers room.  But somehow, E is the only non-crawler in the room.  Maybe we do need to switch rooms.

beta #2 11/28 = 2055
    imageimageimage
  • Options
    Tummy time in the crib wouldn't upset me but leaving her for 45 minutes would make me crazy mad! They make gates and play yards for a reason. Your little one's play time/needs shouldn't be sacrificed in any way!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    Glad you got that figured out!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker image image
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"