Babies: 9 - 12 Months
Options

FEVER FOR A WEEK!

Our 9 month old has had a fever for over a week now. We have taken her to the clinic and even brought her to emergency one night and both said she was fine to just keep giving her advil etc and it should pass. A week seems like way too long to have a fever. If we don't give her the meds continuously then she is boiling hot and gets the shakes etc. They gave us a prescription for antibiotics and said to try to let it pass on its own first but I am getting it filled today. This is just getting ridiculous. Anyone else had a similar experience?
Pregnancy Ticker NestBaby Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: FEVER FOR A WEEK!

• Options
    I would ask them to check her for a UTI.  My DD was the same way, lethargic and HOT...it got up to 104.2 at one point.  They cathed her for a sample and sure enough, she had a UTI.  There really aren't any other symptoms.
  • Options
    Any cough??
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I would take her to your regular pediatrician and see what they say.  They usually say not to worry about fever -- unless it last for more than a week.  I think you have reason to be concerned.  A lot of times the ER docs don't have much to say, unfortunately. 
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    What do you mean by the shakes?  If she's seizing, she needs to be seen by a doctor right away. Febrile seizures are no joke.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I think she means more shivering than convulsing/febrile seizures ;)

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker 

February 2011- M/C
    March 2011- BFP resulting in... 12/2011 bouncing baby boy! 
    October 2013- BFP- M/C
  • Options
    Made an appointment with her doctor. Trust your instincts.

LFAF Summer 2016 Awards:

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

• Options
    Call your doctor and ask for a urine culture. If she has a UTI, the culture will tell them what bacteria it is so she can get the right antibiotic. Antibiotics are not one size fits all for bacterias. You need the right one for specific bacterias for it to be more effective.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"