Adoption

I think my son's birth parents have split up

I posted recently about reaching out to my son's birth mom. I did end up sending emails to both her and my son's birth dad (who were together for her whole pregnancy and with whom I had a joint visit as recently as a month ago), just saying that I love them and if they ever want to talk I am here.

His birth mom has a twitter acct that is public and I occassionally look at it. Based on some posts there, and how they have spoken to me about visits (only planning individual visits, not knowing what is happening with the other), I'm pretty sure they have broken up.

This makes me sad, though I can't put my finger on exactly why. It is hard for me to think about them experiencing pain or loss or grief. I love them so much.

Don't know why I felt the need to post this. There's just no one else that really gets it that I can tell. Thanks for listening.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: I think my son's birth parents have split up

• I get it, it is sad.  I can't imagine going through anything upseting with out DH by my side, and even though I know something like a loss of a child (which is essentially what giving a baby up for adoption is like) ripping apart a relationship is common, I think it is sad. 

And I think we want what is best for our families, and if you have an open adoption and you will be seeing the BP a lot, they become an extended part of your family.  Watching someone who is that big a part of your life go through two really hard situations is really hard.  So I feel for you, and the BP.  Hopefully they can work through it or at least be ok with their choice.  ((((HUGS))))

TTC since June 2009 DX: PCOS October 2010
    6 medicated cycles, 2 pregnancies, 1 ectopic April 2011, Early Miscarriage August 2011
    7 more cycles, 1 IUI, No success after last pregnancy
    7/1/2012 No more fertility coverage
    8/17/2012 started pursuing domestic infant adoption!
    11/26/2012 HOME STUDY APPROVED!!!
    Lilypie Waiting to Adopt tickers
    When relaxing didn't work is my new blog!
  • That is sad, I'm sorry to hear that.  It would be hard for me too, I hate to see people hurting and it's even harder when it's people that you really care about.

Feel free to post on anything - I totally get it, that's why I like it on this board. People in real life don't always understand and it can be exhausting sometimes to educate them enough to have a real heartfelt conversation. 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker}

• Loading the player...
  • Thanks for letting me process. I had brunch with his birthmom yesterday and she told me that they did indeed break up. Feeling very sad for them and hope that they are doing ok!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"