June 2012 Moms
Options

Never thought I'd feel this way....

My sister in law is in labor and in the hospital right now laboring with my new nephew. I'm so excited for her and never thought that I would look back (4.5 months, hahaha) and miss the whole experience. I felt a little envious that she gets to experience seeing and holding him for the first time...

All I can remember was while I was in labor saying, " I will never do this again" but now I look back so fondly of even labor...funny!

I guess I might be ready for another LO soon!  :) 

Re: Never thought I'd feel this way....

• Options
    Haha I feel the same way! I remember screaming for the doctor to just pull DS out lol I told DH I was never doing it again but of course I am already thinking about the next LO!
  • Options

Aww congrats, Auntie!!

I frequently think about having another baby:) But if you ask me at 3am, I'd probably say one and done!

I'm going to a baby shower for one of my best friends this weekend and a lil jealous that she has a lil babe on the way.  That's weird, right??

Daisypath Anniversary tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    My labour and delivery were better than textbook and I would LOVE to do it all again. It was amazing. If I was guaranteed the same labour and delivery, I'd do it a hundred times.

I never thought I'd want to nurse DS at least 2 years. I HATED breastfeeding at first (and not for any reason, I just didn't love it), but felt that it wasn't a decision, but a must. Well now I love it and want to nurse DS as long as he wants. I told DH that I want to nurse at least 2 years and he burst my bubble and said that was great, but I should be prepared if DS doesn't want to nurse that long.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    For weeks after DD was born I remembered the pain SO WELL and couldn't imagine doing it again (even though I knew that we will end up with more than 1, if everything works out). At some point, though, I must've forgotten because it doesn't seem so bad in my head anymore!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    imagekhill86:

I never thought I'd want to nurse DS at least 2 years. I HATED breastfeeding at first (and not for any reason, I just didn't love it), but felt that it wasn't a decision, but a must. Well now I love it and want to nurse DS as long as he wants. I told DH that I want to nurse at least 2 years and he burst my bubble and said that was great, but I should be prepared if DS doesn't want to nurse that long.

This for me too. BFing was the bane of my existence for a few reasons, but I'm so glad that I powered through and that it's working SO much better for us now! I can finally understand why women get sad when LO no longer wants to/can nurse... 

• Options
    imagemkflower3000:
    imagekhill86:

This for me too. BFing was the bane of my existence for a few reasons, but I'm so glad that I powered through and that it's working SO much better for us now! I can finally understand why women get sad when LO no longer wants to/can nurse... 

gosh.. I don't miss labor. I was in labor for 22h until I had to have a c-section. All the hormonal fluctuations ugh...

I am not sure if I will be ready for another one any time soon.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker image
  • Options
    imagekhill86:
    My labour and delivery were better than textbook and I would LOVE to do it all again. It was amazing. If I was guaranteed the same labour and delivery, I'd do it a hundred times.

This for me too...I absolutely love nursing and was one that could not understand how women could still nurse after LOs had teeth. I cannot believe I want to nurse until at least 1 year or beyond if LO wants to....I totally get it! 

• Options
    imagejamiah18:

Aww congrats, Auntie!!

I frequently think about having another baby:) But if you ask me at 3am, I'd probably say one and done!

I'm going to a baby shower for one of my best friends this weekend and a lil jealous that she has a lil babe on the way.  That's weird, right??

Thanks Jamiah...and i don't find it weird..I totally miss my LO's "newborness"... 

• Options
    It's funny.. immediately after birth I spoke to my sister who was out of state. Apparently I told her all the horrors of birth and how I never wanted to do it again.

Weeks later my sister came to visit and I was talking about how I would love to do it again. My sister was like "Jess what the heck you said it was horrible?" I must have blocked the memory of the discussion with her!

It's amazing how now I look back on it and think it wasn't so bad! It's like our minds trick us.
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    imagekhill86:

THIS! I've actually said exactly this many times! I do worry though that birth #2 could be totally different!!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"