Adoption
Options

Had a panic moment today... anyone ever..

So lets be honest the fostering/ adoption process can be overwhelming at times. SO MUCH PAPERWORK. I had a bad day at work today and on the ride home I kept thinking.. If I am overwhelmed now. how is life going to be going home to a child or children? But then I kept thinking about how Moms do this all the time and there is no such thing as supermom (lol). I also kept thinking about how much joy kids bring too. Has anyone else ever had this panic feeling? Is it normal?
Happily Ever After is so much fun Daisypath Anniversary Years Ticker Visit The Nest! Married June 2007 Started TTC August 2010 Diagnosed with PCOS March 2011 Started Process to become Foster Parents September 2012

Re: Had a panic moment today... anyone ever..

• Options

Yes and yes

The paperwork wasn't too big a deal. I had a panic moment when I finished mat leave and stayed home. All of a sudden I was going to have to entertain a little person all day,. By myself. Eeek! But it worked out fine :)

• Options
    I have had those panic moments too.  I am not a mom yet, but waiting.  I am hoping and thinking that we will just make it work.  There may be bad days, but the good days will make up for it!
    Adoption Blog Updated 2/15
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I have panick attacks several evenings a week when I look at how jam packed my schedule is for the next day. foster care visits/appointments are no joke, on top of regular life and my own kids' schedules.

I think it's wise to recognize it will be more overwhelming when the kids come...BUT you only know where you are at in life, so don't worry too much about it : Kwim?

Married on 3.20.2004. It took 30 month, 2 failed adoptions and IVF for our first miracle. We have had 9 foster kids since he was born and started the domestic adoption process when he was 10 month old, we had 4 failed matches in that time. After our daughter was born we brought her home and spent 2 weeks fearing we might lose her because of complications that came up. But Praise God all went through and she is ours forever! Expecting again after IVF Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Pregnancy Ticker Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers image
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"