August 2011 Moms
Options

Post odd tidbits about yourself

Post 'em here!
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Post odd tidbits about yourself

• Options

1. My husband's first name is the same name as my maiden name.

2. As a young child I thought my hair never grew and I was tortmented by the fact I couldn't get my hair into a ponytail or pigtails. Turns out my Mom was having cut off on purpose so she didn't have to take care of it.

3. My brother and I look nothing like eachother. However, my brother and my husbands brother look so much like eachother they could be twins. It is very odd.

4. I have a weird attraction/addiction to houses. I would like to be a real estate agent (I am not a good sales person) or flip houses (I don't have the guts to do that either.) For fun I like to look at houses for sale near us. I have no intention of moving in the next 10 years.

• Options
    I have a twin brother. I'm one of 7 kids in my family. I really wish we bought Halloween candy already cuz I'd cut a biitch for a Reeses peanut butter cup.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

I was in a music video for a local band when I was in high school. Well, you see me for all of .5 seconds, but still. lolz

As a little kid, I never saw my mom go potty, so I thought only men and children pooped.

I got a dog for my 12th birthday (or was it my 13th?) and I called it Jovi because I loved Bon Jovi so much

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickersimage
    imageAlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
    Farewell, nesticle, you will be missed
    Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    imageMonsieur_et_Madame_Ha:

As a little kid, I never saw my mom go potty, so I thought only men and children pooped.

LOL! That is fantastic!

• Options

I performed at President Bush's first inauguration.

I have performed in St. Patrick's Cathedral and St. John the Divine Cathedral in New York City

I have metal in my left ankle holding my ligament together from a dance injury.

I have 23 years of dance training that include tap, jazz, ballet, lyrical, hip hop.

My husband proposed to me in the Superdome at our college's bowl game.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker image image image image image image Anniversary
  • Options

I've never owned a dog.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options

I hate feet!  They physically make me sick when I see someone wearing sandals and their have gross feet!  Until about 10 years ago, I never let anyone touch my feet unless it was absolutely necessary, then I discovered pedicures!

My brother married a woman with the same name as me.  She now has my maiden name so I'm super happy I changed my name when I got married (before them!).

• Options
    I was an MP in the Army National Guard straight out of high school.

My first job was detasseling corn in at the ripe old age of about 12 or 13.

I moved out of my house the day I turned 18 even though I was still in high school.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker IMG_20130228_133645
  • Options
    imageeatmorecupcakes:
    I was an MP in the Army National Guard straight out of high school.

I moved out of my house the day I
    turned 18 even though I was still in
    high school.
    I moved out the day I turned 18 too! It was weird still being in school.
  • Options
    I am the most blunt person you may ever meet IRL. I love to bake. Every time I hang out with my friends there is always butter involved. I suck at counting; something always goes wrong. I repeat numbers, skip tens. It's embarrassing. I've only ever been attracted to dark skinned men with facial hair. Skinny guys don't do anything for me either.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic image
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

My dad took me to a Bush/Quayle rally when I was in elementary school as a way to bond. I still remember the people around me chanting Bush Quayle '94! I'm now super liberal. 

I've never had my own bathroom. Growing up I shared with my sisters, college I was in dorms, then I moved in with DH. 

I like "teddy bear" type guys... Kevin James for example 

• Options

imageeatmorecupcakes:

Ha ha - My first job was picking strawberries. I was 11. I did it every summer until I was 18. 

Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options

1. I am a sucker for grey t-shirts. I dont even like t-shirts but I own 8 grey ones.

2. My homemade spaghetti and meat sauce is the best and I refuse to give out the recipe. I will *maybe* one day give it to DD so when I am old and senile she will make it for me.

3. I think mayo is the grossest thing ever invented. 

4. I am dressing as a harajuku girl on Saturday for a halloween party. My intentions were to be a raver but I think I look like a japanese anime character of some sort. 

5. My uncle once took me to a nudist colony when I was 17. He took me there because he used to camp there when he worked the rigs in the 70's and wanted to show me the place because it was unique. I didnt realize what kind of place it was until we sat at the bar and I noticed the naked people in the pool out back. It was awkward. Thanks for the educational trip Uncle Bill, lol.  

• Options

I was in a music video for a local band when I was in high school. Well, you see me for all of .5 seconds, but still. lolz

I got a dog for my 12th birthday (or was it my 13th?) and I called it Jovi because I loved Bon Jovi so much

OMG this is too funny one of my tidbits was that I was an extra in Bon Jovi video in college!!! "Misunderstood" it was never very popular but it was fun to do! and I got to Shake Richie's hand`! 

Also,

- I am an only child 

-  I am insanely obsessed with Halloween and Disney World but Ive never been to Disney's Halloween events.... yet! lol  

- I am a dance teacher, and that is actually what i went to college for lol although its no joke, being a dance major is crazy, you take all the same classes as everyone else PLUS your dance classes PLUS rehearsals all night every night on top of studying... not to mention you are stuck in a leotard and tights for 16 hours a day.....crazyness. 

- When I was a kid i used to play "QVC" .... like the shopping channel lol I would take my moms jewelry box and pretend to be the ladies selling it lol!!! i was so weird! 

• Options
    imageGilliebear:

2. My homemade spaghetti and meat sauce is the best and I refuse to give out the recipe. I will *maybe* one day give it to DD so when I am old and senile she will make it for me.

3. I think mayo is the grossest thing ever invented. 

5. My uncle once took me to a nudist colony when I was 17. He took me there because he used to camp there when he worked the rigs in the 70's and wanted to show me the place because it was unique. I didnt realize what kind of place it was until we sat at the bar and I noticed the naked people in the pool out back. It was awkward. Thanks for the educational trip Uncle Bill, lol.  

1. Now I really want this recipe.

2. I don't mind mayo but for some reason when I read this it made me queasy.

3. For a 17 year old, that is super creep and awkward!

• Options
    imagemissjessica482:

OMG this is too funny one of my tidbits was that I was an extra in Bon Jovi video in college!!! "Misunderstood" it was never very popular but it was fun to do! and I got to Shake Richie's hand`! 

Also,

- I am an only child 

-  I am insanely obsessed with Halloween and Disney World but Ive never been to Disney's Halloween events.... yet! lol  

- I am a dance teacher, and that is actually what i went to college for lol although its no joke, being a dance major is crazy, you take all the same classes as everyone else PLUS your dance classes PLUS rehearsals all night every night on top of studying... not to mention you are stuck in a leotard and tights for 16 hours a day.....crazyness. 

- When I was a kid i used to play "QVC" .... like the shopping channel lol I would take my moms jewelry box and pretend to be the ladies selling it lol!!! i was so weird! 

Do we actually see you in the video? I want to see you in your moment of fame :) 

• Options

I am a real estate agent and I've flipped a few houses.  Tons of fun, but impossible with a kid.

My family builds and flies kites competitively.  

I'd didn't eat meet for 7 yrs mostly because my mom didn't think I could.

Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie First Birthday tickersLilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Options

I was on the timbersports team in University.  First time SO saw me I was throwing an axe.

I absolutely love dipping popcorn in nacho cheese.  It is by far my favourite junk snack.

I used to highland dance and would have moms of the girls I just competed with come up to me and say "it was so great to see you dance again, you're such a beautiful dancer"  (yes, I'm tooting my own horn). 

I got a BFP yesterday!  Eeek! 

• Options

1. My brother and I are 7 years apart.  So he is 24 and now dating a girl a year older than me with the same name.  So family calls me Manda Lynn and she is Amanda Kay.  Werid! 

2.  I still sleep with a blanket, my baby blanket.  I keep it in my pillow case now but it is the blanket I had when I was born.  (my FI says it looks like a chewed up dog toy)

3.  I didnt get my drivers license till I was 28 years old. 

4.  I was born a parrot head (fan of Jimmy Buffett) My first concert was when I was 7 years old (well my mom went when she was pregnant also) I have seen him live 12 times. 

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Trying to Conceive Event tickers
  • Options
    imagekjgilhoo:

I was on the timbersports team in University.  First time SO saw me I was throwing an axe.

I absolutely love dipping popcorn in nacho cheese.  It is by far my favourite junk snack.

I used to highland dance and would have moms of the girls I just competed with come up to me and say "it was so great to see you dance again, you're such a beautiful dancer"  (yes, I'm tooting my own horn). 

I got a BFP yesterday!  Eeek! 

Yay!!!! Congrats!!!!!

• Options
    imageBnchaNums:

I am a real estate agent and I've flipped a few houses.  Tons of fun, but impossible with a kid.

My family builds and flies kites competitively.  

I'd didn't eat meet for 7 yrs mostly because my mom didn't think I could.

Uh, hello.... you apparently have my fantasy life.

• Options
    imagemissjessica482:

Also,

- I am an only child 

Do we actually see you in the video? I want to see you in your moment of fame :) 

LOL not really, :o( i was just in the "crowd" during the performance shots, it still was fun, but it would have been nice to be seen !!!  oh well!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"