Preemies

Preemies and milestones

Hello ladies! My Daughter is just about to turn 5 months old (4 months adjusted). She was born at 36 weeks via c/s. I am concerned she hasn't rolled over yet, or really even tried to. This is really the only milestone up to this point that she hasn't met. She, just a few days ago, grabbed her feet while on her back for the first time and now it's all she wants to do. As far as rolling, nothing. Tummy time usually only lasts 5 minutes, but we do it anyway. I do lay her on her side and have her finish, but it's really just gravity doing the work. She loves to pull her self up and stand and she can sit for long periods supported. Her legs seem to be stronger than her upper body. For instance, when I roll her from her back to her tummy, one arm usually goes under her belly and she can't pull it out from under her. Anyone else out there having rolling issues? Should I be concerned? 
Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Premature Baby tickers image image

Re: Preemies and milestones

• Im in the same boat my lo was born 36w1d..hes 7 month actual now and still not rolling.....i posted about this a few days ago. We just have to be patient and give lots of tummy time.
  • My LO was also 4 weeks early.  She can roll belly to back but not back to belly.  Tummy time doesn't last long and she would much rather sit or stand, but I am not worried at all.  Especially at this age, all babies seem to vary so much in their development.
    imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • My pedi says rolling is a 5-6 month skill.  I would give it a little more time before becoming concerned.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"