June 2011 Moms
Options

Pregnant women advised by CDC to get pertussis vaccine

For any of the 50-60 pregnant women on this board - whooping cough is on the increase! If you got this vaccine around the time of your June 2011 baby's birth, you don't need a booster yet - I asked - it's good for 5 years. But if you didn't get the vaccine before, please consider it!

https://thechart.blogs.cnn.com/2012/10/24/whooping-cough-vaccine-recommended-for-all-pregnant-women/

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Pregnant women advised by CDC to get pertussis vaccine

• Options
    I got one with LO as did all of my family. I thought it lasted for 10 years?
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Options

imagemagnoliablossom00:

It is every 10 years. You are supposed to get the Tetanus, Diphtheria, & Pertussis every 10 years. 

Link

~ Cassie ~

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    BabyFetus Ticker
    Daisypath Happy Birthday tickers Daisypath Happy Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    imagebutterfly62682:

imagemagnoliablossom00:

It is every 10 years. You are supposed to get the Tetanus, Diphtheria, & Pertussis every 10 years. 

Link

This, I'm a special ed teacher and often work with severe students so I keep mine updated the last time, they recommended I get the one with Pertusis (some are without) since I was just about to get married and knew we wanted kids right away. 

• Options
    I didn't get it last time and do u believe my Aunt and Uncle both contracted it when the baby was 3 months old??? I was a mess they had totally been around him and me.  I had to stay away from them for 4 months!  I am soooo getting it this time.  I did go to a walk in medical place for a shot and they were like uh we don't have any....really? Needless to say I didn't and won't go back.
                                                     imageimage
                                        Lilypie - (JNST)image
                                         Lilypie - (aqIx)
  • Options

I got it.  A got it.  DH never got it.  It was just one of those things that slipped by us.  :/

It does make me sad though.  To think how preventable it is. :(

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"