Upstate NY Babies
Options

Any working moms/dads in the Capital Region?

HI! My name is Mariel. My husband and I have lived in Albany for the past 10 years and have an 8 month old daughter. Since we are the first of our friends to have a kid, I don't really have any other mom friends.  I would love to join a playgroup but since I don't end work until around 4 or 4:30, I haven't found any that fit our schedule. Is anyone else in the same boat? I would love for my daughter to have friends outside of daycare, and to meet other moms myself. I don't know if there are any after work playgroups, but i would love to start one if anyone else is interested! 

Re: Any working moms/dads in the Capital Region?

• Options

Hi Mariel:

My name is Eileen, I work full time in Albany (live in the burbs) and also have an 8 month old baby (a little boy). If you are starting a playgroup, I am definitely interested! I have lived in the area for 7 years (originally from downstate).

Let me know what you're planning on doing--a playgroup would be great! 

Me: 42, DH: 40; Surprise BFP 4/27/2011; no heartbeat at 9w3d, we miss you, Baby Manatee; D&C 6/1/2011; AF returned 6/26/2011; Ready to try for our take-home baby. 7/24/2011--BFP! Peanut born March 2012; BFP: 7/31/2013!; blighted ovum at 7 weeks 8/26/2013. Holy Cannoli! BFP 2/23/2014. EDD 11/6/2014!  

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers
    Lilypie Maternity tickers
  • Options
    I am also a working Mom in the Troy/ Albany area. We are the first of our friends to have a child. Drew is 10 months old and we would love to participate in a mommy and me group. I work 9a-7:30p with Wednesday and Saturdays off. Please contact my email directly if anyone knows of one or is interested in starting one. Mandiferlyne@aol.com
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

Hi!

I hadn't checked this in awhile but so glad to see other working moms are interested!   I am pretty open to any ideas/meeting place.  I wish there were an indoor play area closer to Albany than Latham or Clifton Park but we just went for the first time this past Saturday and it was great for only $8. We went to the tiny tots tea room in Clifton Park and I thought there or Tumbling Tykes in Latham would be a great place to start.  I am free anytime after 430 Monday-Friday and anytime Saturday

let me know what you ladies think! 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"