South Jersey Babies
Options

Health Insurance covers Breast Pump?

Hello!

I called my health insurance and asked if they would pay for the breast pump. They said they would if I had a letter from my doctor saying why it is medically necessary. Has anyone done this before?

Thanks!!

Re: Health Insurance covers Breast Pump?

• Options
    Most times a prescription will do.
  • Options
    I read about this on another local forum, but they didn't mention anything about needing a doctors note.  It is so worth it to try and swing it with your doctor.  Everything is so expensive!  I am sure your doctor would have no issue with writing something up for you.  Good luck!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Interesting! I just called my insurance asking and they mailed me one right out. I have Aetna

57v4wlb1u.png

• Options
    It depends on your insurance carrier how they go about getting you a pump. I have aetna and ordered mine through a company called yummy mummy in August. It was delivered free of charge in October. Everything was covered. They just needed insurance info and then aetna verified on my behalf with dr that I was expecting in December.
  • Options
    I have United Healthcare. I called my insurance company and they gave the name and phone numbers of three medical supply companies I could order from. Each one had different pumps and different rules. One said I couldn't order before 30 days prior to expected due date, another said I couldn't order it until after I had the baby, and the third company allowed me to order it. They required a prescription from the Dr and it was delivered the day I came home from the hospital.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"