Parenting after 35
Options

GTNK-Celebrity brush with greatness

The post about Judd Nelson's cousin's babysitter got me to thinkin'... (always dangerous)

What celebrities have you encountered in your life... the odder the circumstances the better?

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: GTNK-Celebrity brush with greatness

• Options

A very, very drunk Buddy Hackett grabbed my ass.   Top that, biotches!!   :)

I was a TV news producer in West Palm Beach FL and he was on my show to promote a book or performance or something.   It was before noon and he was drunk as a skunk.  As I was showing him the way into the studio, he did a double-hand butt squeeze on me.  And cackled like a crazy person.

• Options

So cannot top that.  I lived in LA so I could name a lot I saw here and there, usually oblivious until someone pointed them out (like directing Mekhi Phifer to bid on some stuff and didn't know who he was and we talked for a good few minutes).  But 3 oddest (and they don't even come close to topping the a**-grab):

*  had my glasses off (horrible eyesight) and was going to have color rinsed off.  Nearly mowed over Billy Crystal in my hair salon.  I didn't even recognize him at first until someone said something to him.

*  was at a charity thing for Junior League and was at a craps table where a friend's fiance was trying to show me how to play craps.  We start playing and more people show up at our table.  Then someone else throws them and asks me to tell him what came up.  It was Chris Noth (Mr. Big).  Was very nice.  Heather Graham then came over to watch but was busy fending off Matthew Perry who was leering at her boobs.

*  I had a bunch of physical therapy for a shoulder injury and was doing pilates there too with the pilates instructor.  She and I often talked about our dating and sex lives.  We were talking in detail about our sex lives.  Didn't think anything of it.  There was an older guy working out at a stationary bike and he eventually left.  After he left, she asked me if I had noticed Wolfgang Puck leaning in to listen in on every detail we discussed.  Whoops.Embarrassed

DD -- 5YO
    DS -- 3YO

• Loading the player...
  • Options

2 of the guys from Boyz II Men

Brian Wheat - the bassplayer for Tesla when they were in town with Motley Crue for the Dr. Feelgood tour.  He ruined my friend's sweater with crazy string, felt bad, and gave us tickets to the show.

Author Dennis Lehane - Mystic River, Any Given Day, Gone Baby Gone, Shutter Island.  My mom is friends with him.

JD Rockefeller's granddaughter is friends with a family friend and spent the night at our house.

Comedian Bob Marley

The guys from Staind a couple times - they went to my college and performed there before getting their big break.

I touched WIlson Cruz - Ricky from My-So-Called-Life.  He was in a 3 person play with Joey McIntyre.  My sister and I went to see it.  He was in the hall by the door as we were leaving and I touched his arm and told him I thought he did wonderful in the play we just saw.

imageimageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options

Hmm...I have mostly just hung out with baseball players over the years (the great thing about having a AAA minor league team in town).

I was nearly run over by Jani Lane on his way to the bar at a club in Detroit (I was at an 80s hairband show).  He looked seriously strung out then (early 2000s).

I met James Patterson at a book signing does that count?

I am perhaps the only person in Toledo who has never spotted Katie Holmes anywhere.

• Options
    I grew up near LA so have few, but the best one was when I was 16 and in Santa Monica. I was at a crosswalk and Robert Downey Jr. pulled up in a black Porsche. As I crossed in front of him I saw that he was playing with a cat in a carrier on his passenger seat. I got to the other side of the street and watched as his light went through several cycles of going from green to red. People were honking and he didn't notice for like 5 minutes, then he took off.
  • Options
    ps - I think I've told BB that story before.
  • Options

I don't know woh Buddy Hackett is but I definitely cannot top an @ss-grab story!

I was temping as a receptionist (one of 3) for a huge law firm in NYC when I was 19. I never read celebrity/gossip magazines and I went to school at night so I didn't watch much tv either. Some schmo comes in, wearing dingy clothes and a baseball cap, and parks his bike just outside the lobby, then he asks to speak to one of the partners. The other girls were on calls so I raised an eyebrow (or perhaps both) and asked him who I should say was here to see him, and did he have an appointment. He looked at me a second, and said "John Kennedy." I totally did not put two and two together until he added the "Junior" a few moments later.

And I still don't read celebrity gossip!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

Don't recall it, Stever.  But that doesn't mean you didn't tell me it once or twice before... DOH!

And I'm pretty sure I've told you gals my azz-grab story.. it's just so embarassingly awesome.  At least I did have a good azz back in the day.  :)

I'll add the one my husband always claims.   He was driving a rental car at some airport in California.. maybe Santa Barbara or something.  Anyhoo... he looked down for a second and then back up.. only to have to slam on the brakes to avoid running over Jon Lovitz.   He still regrets not taking him out and saving us all the misery of his annoying acting.  :)

• Options
    My DH woke up on Blondie's tour bus one morning.  He was wasted and had no idea how he got there or what he did.  I showed him a picture of Debby Harry and he said "That's the chick on that bus."  He does not think he did anything with her though since he was dressed when he woke up.

imageimageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options

Random fact: my 1st cousin's husband is a TV producer.

HE knows famous people.

My cousin, via him, also does. I'm not sure how this happened and how they became friends (and I don't think they are still friends), but my cousin had Jennifer Love Hewitt in her bridal party. I met her at the wedding. So I don't think Jennifer Love Hewitt is "celebrity greatness" but she is/was celebrity.

--- My other celebrity brush is pretty cool. I worked in NYC in my early 20s in an area near Grammercy Park (also near Union Square Park). There was this restaurant right by my office, Friend of a Farmer, that made FANTASTIC soups.  One rainy day I was getting lunch there and was short about $0.55 for my food. I told the cashier that I would just run to my office to get my wallet (forgot it, only had some cash in my pocket) and this woman said "I'll take care of it."

I turned to say thank you and it was Susan Sarandon.

Bronx Zoo: Summer 2013

To read my blog, click on the giraffe pic below!
  • Options

I have a good story...I was 16 years old  with my friends family in Little Italy NYC for her 16th birthday.  We took a limo in and coming out of the restaurant our limo had another double parked next to us.  My friend and I waited outside our limo while her family got in the car.   We wanted to see who get got out.  The door opens and this super duper hearthrob comes out and my friend yells right in his face "OH MY GOD IT'S RIVER PHOENIX!!!!!!"  really really loud.  He looks right at her.  I turn around and say "No it's not its Johnny Depp!"  He just looked at us like a couple of freaking idiots and walked by.  I STILL won't let her live that down.  Thank goodness at the time River had not passed away yet.    

I've also met and chatted with Peter Jennings and Richard Marx was sitting in front of me at a Broadway show once.  But Johnny takes the cake. 

imageimage
                                        Lilypie - (JNST)image
                                         Lilypie - (aqIx)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"