Adoption
Options

my sister wants to adopt my baby

my sister is 12 years older than me and my parents told her about my baby and that they want me to put him or her for adoption and my sister jumped at the idea. i just don't know how i feel about her adopting my baby. if i have to part with my baby i think itll be hard to still have to see my baby with her but at the same time i'll still be able to see him or her a lot. i'm just really kinda confused right now. has anybody had a family member adopt their baby? how did it go? was it awkward with the family member? thanks.

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

Re: my sister wants to adopt my baby

• Options
    IRRIRR member
    I can't respond from personal experience but I know others on this board have adopted a family member.  In some ways as PP stated it could be a good thing.  If you are not ready to parent at least you can be the aunt and your parents are still the grandparents.  Do you have a good relationship with your sister?  Does she live close by?  When you think about the future of your child do you think she will provide well for this child?  If you answer yes to these, then it does seem like a really good option so that you can remain in your child's life, even though it will be as an aunt.  If it weirds you out then you may need to go a different route.  Have you decided that you don't actually want to parent?  Have you had a chance to speak to a counselor?  GL with your decision.

Failed Matches - December 2012, May 2013, December 2013
    Moved on to  gestational surrogacy with a family friend who is our angel and due 7/23/15

• Options
    i don't really think i have a choice for one and for the other im not sure what i want either. i don't have a car and i'm pretty sure my parents wouldn't let me because my sister adopting my baby is what they've decided it seems. i don't really trust my sister and i don't like her but she does live really close. she has money to care for a baby but i don't think she'd be a good parent.
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    It isn't your parents decision - it is your choice. If you would feel more comfortable giving your child up to a couple you don't know, than I think you should do that. Is your sister married? Stable? Things like that really matter. If you don't like her and you don't think you will learn to,  that may cause friction in the future for both you and the baby. Good luck with whatever you decide lilrockstar.
    TTC since 2004, Ectopic 2005, lost right tube. Multiple miscarriages. Baby girl born June 2013.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"