Two Under 2

Where do you put infant carseat?

My 14 month is is still rear facing behind passenger seat. I was planning to keep him there, and put the baby behind me, but just realized that I may not be able to see him (DS2). We will turn DS1 around 18-24 months. Not sure. Probably 24 with the APA new rec, but still deciding.

Where did you put your kiddos? TIA!

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Pregnancy tickers

Re: Where do you put infant carseat?

• I had to put the infant seat behind the passenger seat because it takes up do mich room we couldn't drive comfortably with the drivers seat so far up. Dd is still rear facing behind the drivers seat.
  • DD1 is still RFing behind the driver in a convertible seat and DD2 is RFing in the infant seat behind the passenger. We have a compact car and the infant seat is too big to go behind the driver's seat. The convertible fits there perfectly.
    Mama to two sweet girls
    DD1 Feb 2010
    DD2 Sept 2011

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Thanks! I didn't even think about the not fitting part!
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Both of mine are RF. #1 is behind the drivers seat, and #2 is in the middle.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker *First RE visit 5/10 *B/W & SA Normal! 6/10 *Laprascopy - Removed septum and cyst 7/10 *50 mg Clomid 8/21 +Trigger 9/1 = BFN *50 mg Clomid 9/17 = No response *100 mg Clomid 9/29 + Trigger 10/8= BFP!! *Beta 1= 297 *Beta 2= 612! *It's a Boy! EDD July 4th 2011 *Surprise!! Natural BFP! Beta 1=306, Beta 2= 1100! EDD Aug 18th 2012! IT's a BOY!
  • DS1 is forward facing behind the driver (switched him at 19 months).

The infant seat is behind the passenger seat RF (obviously).

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Right now DS1 is forward facing in the middle and DS2 is rear facing behind the passenger.  Once DD gets here, DS2 will move into a convertible car seat rear facing behind the driver, DD will be rear facing behind the passenger in the infant seat and DS1 will stay forward facing in the middle.  We have a Honda Pilot, so all 3 seats will fit in the middle row and since they will be staggered rear facing and forward facing, there should not be too much of a space issue.  Also, with DS1 forward facing in the middle, he can help hand things (binkies and such) to the other 2.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • DS was RF behind the driver seat, DD behind the passenger seat so I could see her with a mirror if I needed to.  Now both DS and DD are FF, and we are trying to figure out where to put #3 if we can fit all 3 across - in the middle where it should be safer for an accident, but not so much if #1 and #2 can be touching him/her and trying to feed him/her goldfish, etc, or on one side next to just DS (#1 - a little more responsible...).  We are leaning towards just next to DS.
    TTC#1 = Success on Cycle#19 with Clomid/trigger/b2b IUIs; beta#1 (15dpiui) 200, #2 (18dpiui) 433, #3 (22dpiui) 2356; TTC#2 = Surprise BFP 9/2009; TTC#3 = m/c at 6 wks, 10/29/11; BFP#2 4/1/2012... Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • My older son is behind my driver seat in our main car, and behind the passenger seat in our other car.  We'll just put the infant seat in the other seat and not move our oldest.
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"