April 2012 Moms
Options

When to be worried about babys cough?

DD has had a cough for a couple of weeks now. It comes and goes and doesn't seem like anything serious, just seems like she is fighting off a cold as she is also very congested. But with hearing so much lately about whooping cough I am wondering at what point you would take LO to the pedi? DD is in a great mood and doesn't have a fever. What symptoms are you looking for to take LO to the pedi?
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: When to be worried about babys cough?

• Options
    For us I have taken her in many times for a cough. Hers would sound so disgusting and wet, and then there was some wheezing. She ended up having bronchiolitis. If you hear wheezing in her chest or the cough sounds like the whooping (I think it's a pretty distinctive sound) then I would take her in. Doesn't hurt to just call the pedi to let them know. I felt better when they checked her lungs too.

Lillian April 17, 2012
  • Options
    We took Miss H to the doc because she was coughing in the night and waking herself up...when you are used to her sleeping through the night this is torture....the drs verdict...she had soo much saliva from cutting teeth that it was draining making her cough.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I just called about DS2s cough. They said 2 days with benadryl, or he comes in. FWIW its a wet cough, and hes fine otherwise.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

DS - 7.2006 - C-Section b/c Breech
    DS2 - 4.2008 - Successful Vbac
    DD - 5.2012 - Successful Vbac
  • Options
    LO had his 6 moth checkup today, and I had her check him out because he's been coughing for about a week now. He hasn't had a fever or had any changes in his eating.  The doctor said he looked great and it was just a cold, which we will see a lot of since it's getting cooler.  She said we only need to worry if he's not eating like normal or he's waking himself up with it.  I think if your LO doesn't sound weezy that they will be just fine.
  • Options

We took DS in for a cough last week because DD had developed croup. That cough sounds like a bark and us usually accompanied by a fever. Fortunately, he didn't have it, but the doctor did prescribe an inhaler and it's helped quite a bit.

Propping up her bed with a small pillow can help ease the cough. Slip it under one end of the mattress.

If it's been several weeks, I'd say take her in just in case.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"