June 2011 Moms

personal beliefs aside...

At 16 months old...too young to enjoy the circus?

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: personal beliefs aside...

• This is the one that is going to be in town this weekend.

• Looks like a ton of fun but there's no way I could get DD to sit still to watch something like that. She'd want to get down from her seat (my lap) and explore. I think it depends on your LO's attention span.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Loading the player...
  • How long does a circus show last for? DD usually sits quietly at story time at the library and it lasts for about 45 minutes. I have no idea if she'd make it through a circus show, though. Are the tickets inexpensive? You could always try it and just keep your expectations low - just in case. :)
    BabyFruit Ticker

DH: 34/Me: 35
    Married: Feb 2008
    DD: June 2011
    TTC# 2: April 2014
    BFP!! 8/29/16 --> EDD: 5/11/17....it's a GIRL!!! :)
  • I took Max to the Circus in August and he *loved* it! He only lasted for about 1 hour of the actual show, but he loved walking up and down the midway, especially waving at the elephants. That was a smaller circus than Ringling Bros., but I am so glad I took him! Just be ready to go when she gets cranky - or even just go for a walk for a bit. (Honestly, if it wasn't about 100 degrees that day, he may have lasted longer)

peace,
    katharine

Book-Kitten blog

• There is absolutely no way I would be able to get Ash to sit through it. He may be interested in all that is going on, but the battle to get him to stay with us, stop climbing things and keep him from running off would not be worth it.
  • I don't know if she would sit through it or not.  I took her to a Tigers game back in May and she did great...but that was back in May!  I could get the company suite for $5.50 a ticket...but for the circus, I don't know that I would want to be up in a suite (for a hockey or baseball game, however, it is perfect).
  • We did the circus last Jan/Feb or so...She actually did very well and loved all the lights...though i think the time of day was a big plus for us as it was right after her pm nap

photo a1c2c501-51d6-4155-bc5d-e15072d2426d_zps1135e754.jpg 

**Siggy Challenge What You're Looking Forward to Most after Baby Arrives**

• I think they would enjoy it. They obviously won't remember it so take lots of pics, but it looks like a blast!  We are planning on going to Disney in the spring and all I'm hearing is "DS3 won't remember it".... well my other 4 kids will, and he will still be able to have a good time!  What are we supposed to do, wait until they are 4 years old to do anything interesting because until then "they won't remember it"?!  Go and have a great time!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Lilypie - (HKbp)Lilypie - (WKbt)
     Lilypie - (2DqE)  Lilypie - (1KYE)
    Lilypie - (RlhZ)Lilypie - (1CAm)
  • imageRingOfFire11:
    Looks like a ton of fun but there's no way I could get DD to sit still to watch something like that. She'd want to get down from her seat (my lap) and explore. I think it depends on your LO's attention span.

This. My LO would maybe watch for 5 minutes, then start screaming to get down and walk around. Even so I love bringing him to see new things and places, but my DH things its a waste and he'd have just as much fun exploring the grocery store.

imageLilypie First Birthday tickers
  • My LO would never sit still that long, he won't even watch tv for more than 2 mins but I would not be able to put my personal beliefs aside on that one. He will never to to a circus with animals.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"