LGBT Parenting

Ask me anything!

I aM LATE TO THE PARTY BUT HANGING OUT ALL MORNING WAITING TO BE CALlED FOR COURT. (ROUTINE CASe STUFF, NOTHING MAJOR).  IF YOU CAN STAND MY CRAZY CAPS FORMATTING ON MY PHONE, ASK AwAY!

Re: Ask me anything!

• I am good! We ARE BUSY, CONSTANTLY MOVING, BUT SO FAR THREe KiDs HAS BEEN EAsIER THAN We FEAReD.  I MISS YOU GUYS, BUT WITH A HARDLY NAPPING BOY, I HAVE TO TAKE ADVANTAGE OF EVERY MIn OF SLEEP :)

I AM WORKINg TO HAVE MORE POAITIVE MOMENTS AND INTErACTIONA WITH THE KIDs... I FEeL LIJE I AM CORReCTING THEM SO OFTEN.

AND TrYING TO GET SOME TIME FOR MYAELF...EVEN IF ITS JUST TO SCRUB TOILETS !  

I AM HOPING AFTEr PUMPKINS ADENOID SURGERY HE SLEEPS BETTER, AND I WILL HaVE MORE ENERGY, NOT FEELING SO CONSTANTLY ON "C  "HURRY UP AND CATCH UP" 

• Have they combined the kids' cases or are they still on different timelines?  Any big court dates in sight?
  • Loading the player...
  • Ooh! DidN'T I TELl YOU?  ALL ONE CAsE:)

"BEST INTEReST HEARING"  (FULL TITLE: HEARING IN THE BEST INTErESTS OF THE MINOR CHILDREN " , AKA THE FIRST TIME IN THReE YEaRS THEY TALK ABOUT THE KUDS NEEDS OVER MOMS RIGhTS)  WILl BE DEC 4 !  AT THE END OF THAT DAY, OR WITHIN TEN DAYS, THE JUdGE IS EXPECTEd TO TERMINATW MOM'S RIGhTS.  SHE CAN APPEaL, BUT THE BIG STUFF IS DONE.  WE WOULD ADOPT SONETIME IN SPRING.

THE DA TOLD ME TODAY, SHE CANT GUARUNTEE ANYtHING, BUT SHE WOULD FALL OUT OF HER CHAIR IF THE JuDGE DID NOT TErMINATE.

• you may have, I'm only working on half a brain ;) 

yay on your timeline!!! it sounds a lot like ours! some extra celebration this holiday season, perhaps :)

• Are there more children in your future?
  • Oh man...I think I missed the window!

How do you like being a SAHM?  Do you have plans to go back to work anytime soon? (I thought you might have mentioned job searching once).

How are your parents and extended family handling your sudden three kid family?  Any tension?  Any particular moments of joy?

How is school going for the girls?  Is Zucchini still hesitant to walk on her own? 

Same sex couple TTC with donor sperm.  I am 35 and carrying.  Endometriosis and DOR.
    AMH 0.5, AFC 5-8, FSH 7ish

IVF #1 - antagonist.  Empty follicle syndrome.  1 retrieved, 0 fertilized.
    IVF #2 - antagonist.  Ovulated early.  3 retrieved, 2 fertilized, 0 blasts
  • More kids?  Probably. 

L really wants one more baby.  Not right now.  But, after the kids are settled, we will decide if we want to pursue foster/adoption from another family. Or, if biomom will get pregnant again (her kids are actually pretty spread out.)  There are lots of pros and cons of taking a baby from the same biomom.  At the same time, we don't want to base our family planning on hers.

Four seems like the most I want to have.  Practically, that allows us to have *only* a minivan (no special 15 passenger van) and room for one more friend or foster child. I could see all of us doing some short-term foster care again after our family is settled.

• hlke--you get the post bedtime window :)  If anyone else wants to, I"ll check again tomorrow.

I like being a SAHM mom alot. And much more than I thought I would. there are draining, mind numbing days. But, I like being the first to see their faces after school, and I like how much practical stuff we can do during the day. I can't imagine doing all the social worker visits, treatment team, etc on top of grocery shopping in the evenings and weekends!  But, L's teacher salary isn't going to cut it and buy that minivan so, I am hunting now.  Hours and family flexibility are pretty important righ tnow.

My parents love being grandparents!  One of my favorite moments with them was watching my dad open his gifts from them at his birthday in August. And, having an extended family shower them with love on their birthdays.  The three ring circus can be tense, and I have trouble when people offer help then don't follow through.  But, mostly good.

The Montessori environment I think is a good fit for them.  They are doing well in school--and in Zucchini's grade all but TWO of the girls are adopted!   Amazing. Zucchini and Carrot are walking together most days, and sometimes I walk with (I always pick Carrot up when Zucchini has something after school.)

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"