Two Under 2

vacation question

Our family is taking a vacation when our youngest will be 5 months and the oldest 21 months.  Would you recommend going or sitting this one out?  We are actually leaning towards not going but are feeling guilty for not going with the rest of the family.  

Details - We'll have one layover and I think the longest part of the flight is probably 3 1/2 hours.  There is also a time zone change but maybe just 2 hours.  

Any thoughts?? 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: vacation question

• Personally I would have No desire to fly with 2 young children, that doesn't sound like much of a vacation.  We took our 2 kids on family vacation to the beach this summer DD almost 2, DS 5 months, and we had a great time.  But that was only a 3hr drive.  If I were in your situation I would pass.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I wouldn't skip a family vacation, no. It's time with grandparents, aunts, uncles, cousins for your kids. The time there will outweigh the difficulties of travel.
  • Loading the player...
  • I'm with the no vacationers.  It's so much work, the kids don't sleep well away from home, and then they are cranky.  Not fun = not really a vacation. :)
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • imagesosoph:
    I wouldn't skip a family vacation, no. It's time with grandparents, aunts, uncles, cousins for your kids. The time there will outweigh the difficulties of travel.

Well no other cousins yet.  We are the only ones with kids which I think that's part of the reason it's stressing me out.   We also live in the same town as everyone going so we see them often.  

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • We would go. We took ds1 at 2yrs old and ds2 at 10 mths to Seattle and then an Alaskan cruise.  It was work but it was fun. We go to Disney world 2-3 times year. Ds1 went for the first time at 15wks, ds2 was 8 weeks and ds3 was 12 wks for heir first trips. Personally we have a blast and just go with the flow. 
    BFP 12/23/07, M/C 1/25/08 Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"