Special Needs
Options

Worst weekend ever

What a horrible weekend.

Chris has gone back to screaming only now there are tears where previously there weren't. So for some stupid reason I got it into my head that I wanted us all of us to go to the diner for lunch. We've done it before but this time we didn't even get to order. Chris started screaming / crying at the top of his lungs. We tried to calm him down but nothing would work. DH ended up taking him outside and I ordered some takeout. If course everyone around was giving me that look like wow what a horrible kid.

Finally get the order and I walk out into the parking lot. DH has gone into the Rite Aid next door and as I'm crossing the parking lot I can hear him screaming. Yep across a parking lot I can hear him screaming inside the store. We go home and I'm beyond sad. I should've known better but I'm still sad.

Fast forward to tonight. Another screaming fit. I'm tired. The baby can't fall asleep because every time he does one if his brother's screams would wake him up.

I'm just so tired. Sorry for the vent.
Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Re: Worst weekend ever

• Options
    I feel you on the screaming/tears for seemingly no reason.  P is always overly emotional but specifically the last few weeks (i'm assuming bc she was sick/pneumonia) it was SO MAGNIFIED.  The first thing that came out of her mouth in the morning was crying and it was the last to go to bed.  Our bedroom is RIGHT next to Morgan's and even if she's in the living room our house is very small <900sq ft and she woke M up more than a couple times from her naps last week.

It's frustrating in general but especially when you add a baby who isn't getting what they need because of it, makes it worse.  Maybe he's getting sick or doesn't feel well?  I just try to distract distract distract lol.
    DD1(4):VSD & PFO (Closed!), Prenatal stroke, Mild CP, Delayed pyloric opening/reflux, Brachycephaly & Plagiocephaly, Sacral lipoma, Tethered spinal cord, Compound heterozygous MTHFR, Neurogenic bladder, Urinary retention & dyssynergia, incomplete emptying, enlarged Bladder with Poor Muscle Tone, EDS-Type 3. Mito-Disorder has been mentioned

DD2(2.5): Late term premie due to PTL, low fluid & IUGR, Reflux, delayed visual maturation, compound heteroygous MTHFR, PFAPA, Bilateral kidney reflux, Transient hypogammaglobulinemia, EDS-Type 3

• Options
    You know maybe you're onto something.  He has been a little congested today.  Maybe.  Although earlier this wk the school let us know that he'd spent a good portion of his day at school crying.  *sigh*

• Loading the player...
  • Options

You sound so exhausted. I've got nothing but ***HUGS***. Big ones. Lots of 'em. 

DD1, 1/5/2008 ~~~ DD2, 3/17/2010
  • Options
    I feel your pain. My son doesn't do the crying/screaming thing much, but he does this loud laughing/cackling for now apparent reason. We get a few stares every now and then. 
    Baby Birthday Ticker TickerBaby Birthday Ticker TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker"0" />border="0" />
  • Options
    That sounds exhausting, no wonder your so tired.  No advice, just hugs.
               image      image      image
  • Options

Having a 3 year old and a 6 month old is exhausting at the best of times.

It's good to vent, healthy.  Sorry you had a rough weekend. 

promised myself I'd retire when I turned gold, and yet here I am
  • Options

Once the boys had finally fallen asleep I did start thinking on the diner incident and everything else and started thinking how much like a 2 year old Chris was behaving and then, no kidding, I slapped myself on the forehead because I couldn't believe it didn't occur to me that I keep forgetting to factor in an emotional age for Chris.  I would put that somewhere between 24-30 months.  He's also just starting to do the "mine" thing - without actually saying "mine" though.  If his little brother touches one of his toys, he's quick to rush over and remove his hands from the toy, even though he's not playing with it at the time - it's just that his brother's touching it.  I remember his little cousin doing that a couple of years ago (his cousin is a year and a half older than Chris)

I did also realize, auntie, that we haven't been to this diner in a long time.  It IS rather loud and a bunch of things going on.  The last time we went out to eat before that was for my parents anniversary and went to a luncheon at a nice quiet restaurant - we picked an "off" time because we were bringing him and the baby and it turned out well - for most of the time, we were the only ones there. (Also made for great service, lol).   And Chris was a little restless but nothing like yesterday.  Maybe it's time to table eating out (with him) for a while.  

Thanks for the hugs everyone.  They truly helped. 

• Options
    Oh, I don't have anything but HUGE HUGS for you!!!!!!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"