Two Under 2

Infant carrier ?

Hey all,

I usually don't post much on here, but I had a question. I have a twoyr old and another due in less than a week. My DH. And I have been debating on what type of stroller to get; however we probably wont need that much until the spring, so I'm thinking of waiting to make that purchase and possibly trying to carry new baby in carrier on me while we put toddler in stroller for those necessary trips to store saw idea from another post... Anyone with any experience with this? If so, and if it was successful, which carrier would you recommend? Would you recommend an actual carrier or more of a sling? I'm looking for something with good back support as well because I had one when my toddler was an infant and it did not work very well and was not comfortable. TIA!!

Re: Infant carrier ?

• I have 2 carriers.  I used a Baby Ktan- similar to the Moby but easier to get on.  I liked that for the newborn stage til about 3months.  Then I switched to the Ergo which I absolutely Love!  However I think its nice, especially in the winter, to be able to leave LO in the infant carrier and just hook it into the stroller.  However I'm sure your older one will be able to walk, a double stroller is nice for longer outings.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I love my Ergo! I have been using it since DS was about 2 months old (he was a preemie and we didn't go out before then). It is comfy, easy, and we are still using it a year later (for both kids). I LOVE this carrier! And they make a sweatshirt that you can wear that is carrier friendly if you are worried about using it in the winter. We used it all last winter and DS was super warm the whole time.
  • Loading the player...
  • I use my wrap (similar to the Moby) ALL OF THE TIME with baby #2.  It's the easiest way to go out with both kids and my baby never gets cranky in it like she does when she's in the stroller or her carseat.  My recommendation is to start wearing your baby right away and to wear him/her often so that it is really natural for them.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I love, love, love my Beco Butterfly 2.  It is worth the investment!
    DSC_2211

BabyFetus Ticker
  • i have the baby ktan that i used for the first 3 months and now I have the Beco gemini and I love it .
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • This is exactly what i did. I wore baby and toddler rode in stroller or walked beside me.

I really like a moby or stretchy wrap for those first few months and then a woven wrap or structured carrier like an ergo or beco.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"