Parenting after 35
Options

4 year and 2 year status

Went to the pediatrician today for annual check-ups.  DD had a temp, and a sore throat, but no strep.  75% for weight and height for her, which is crazy b/c normally she's in the 25% for weight, maybe a growth spurt is coming.  DS is 95% for height, and 50% for weight, as he just had a growth spurt.  BUT, he really blasted us for not potty training!  He was directing most comments to me, until I said, "You need to direct this to both of us.", meaning both DH and me.  So now the instructions are:

DS is to wear underwear.  If he goes, he is to take his underwear and pants off (if wet), then take a shower/bath.  DS is to get new underwear and pants, put them on, and then put his soiled underwear in the washer.  We changed this slightly, by making his own basket in the laundry area.  Pull ups at night and nap (which naps hardly ever happen).  Pedi said to try this for 4 days, and let him know.  So far, this afternoon, we've had one accident.  The most significant instructions were to keep encouraging him to go on the potty, and that it is not OK to go in his pants. 

This weekend's gonna suck.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: 4 year and 2 year status

• Options

Good luck with it all!!!

And two of my three nephews were PT closer/at 4 than 2 or 3.

We're planning on "forcing" the issue for A next month. He'll be 3 yr 3 months. Not sure if it will work but we'll try.

Bronx Zoo: Summer 2013

To read my blog, click on the giraffe pic below!
  • Options

I'm just about to force the issue, too.  C turns 3 next week and after Grandma's visit is over (early Nov) we're going to try Boot Camp type training.   People who've done it swear they can get the job done in 3 days or so.

I just got "Potty Training for Dummies" from the Library.  Haven't started reading it yet tho.

• Loading the player...
  • Options

Nice stats! So, did mr impatient also volunteer to come help potty train? I know many boys your ds's age that weren't, and clued in when they were ready. It's going to be a mighty long weekend for you. 

• Options

Doh! I need to hustle up.

Good luck with it and let us know how it goes.

• Options
    mwdmwd member

So far, 2 accidents, and he now has the same flu bug his sister did 2 nights again. Without TMI, I am so thankful he was wearing a pull-up!  

@GT, this pedi is old school, but I am kinda on the same side, as DS really needed a push. The size 6 diapers are almost too small for him. 

• Options
    imagemwd:

So far, 2 accidents, and he now has the same flu bug his sister did 2 nights again. Without TMI, I am so thankful he was wearing a pull-up!  

@GT, this pedi is old school, but I am kinda on the same side, as DS really needed a push. The size 6 diapers are almost too small for him. 

Lol, shhhh they have size 7. I never had to train so late with the girls, but ds? Yeah, I do agree it's time, it's the pedi reading the riot act that I slightly eyerolling at (him). Pretty sure your aware, and everybody in the house has to be ready for it. Overall, pt sucks. PT sick, even yuckier. I hope it goes smoothly.
  • Options
    imagemwd:

Lol, shhhh they have size 7. I never had to train so late with the girls, but ds? Yeah, I do agree it's time, it's the pedi reading the riot act that I slightly eyerolling at (him). Pretty sure your aware, and everybody in the house has to be ready for it. Overall, pt sucks. PT sick, even yuckier. I hope it goes smoothly.
  • Options
    Good luck with potty training.

imageimageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options
    Good luck!  I'm definitely not looking forward to this stage and glad we have some time.  I'm aiming to have DS trained close to 3.   We want to enroll him in pre-school, and they expect kids to be trained by then, so that's going to be our motivation!

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    mwdmwd member
    Thanks for the support, ladies.  So far, as of this morning, no potty in the toilet, just accidents. DS knows he can't go to his Thomas event until he goes potty, and he's been holding it all morning.  I wish I had his bladder control! GT, you may hear the hoot in' and holler in' all the way at your house when it happens! 
  • Options
    Growth spurts abound! That is exciting news. Good luck with the potty training ... I love GT's comment about the pedi helping out. Hopefully DS will catch on quickly!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"