VBAC

Wish I was progressing

I had my 38 week appointment today. With my DD, I was already 3.5cm dilated, 100% effaced, and head down low at this point. Of course now that I'm wanting to VBAC and my doctor wishes I would go early, I'm only 1cm dilated, 80% effaced and head's up very high still. I'm feeling discouraged! I feel my body is doing alot of things (tons of tight BH contractions, alot of crampiness), but I just wish I had the numbers to prove it. I hope things change soon.
Daisypath Anniversary tickers Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers BabyFruit Ticker

Re: Wish I was progressing

• you're only 38 weeks you have 2-3 weeks for things to happen. also there is a big push not to deliver prior to 39 weeks because it helps babies do better so it's good that you aren't delivering yet.

also dilation before labor means nothing.

i had a friend who was closed and tight at her 38 week appointment and delivered her dd went into labor 6 hours after appointment and delivered vaginally with no pitocin after 6 hours of labor.

another friend was 4 cm at 36 weeks 5 at 38 and didn't deliver until  41.2.

trust your body and let baby decide when it's ready to come. 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • When are you supposed to have that baby by??? 38 weeks is still early! I wouldn't worry about it at all, it sounds like your body is gearing up for labor, even if it's not at the "right" numbers.
    DS1 - Feb 2008

DS2 - Oct 2010 (my VBAC baby!)

• Loading the player...
  • I'm due November 1st - two weeks away. Thanks--I know you're right, I need to calm down.
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers BabyFruit Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"