October 2011 Moms
Options

Judgment Time

I judge people who half ass believe in anything and argue their side.  It always seems those people are the first to voice their opinion. Knowledge is power, but not if you don't know what you're talking about. 

Also, I judge Uma Thurman for such a ridiculous name.  The first name is alright, but the child has more than 4 names: Rosalind Arusha Arkadina Altalune Florence Thurman-Busson

imageimage
Parenting Floozie Brigades official motto:  We welcome to you the board with open legs.  Also, open beers. ~@cinemagoddess

Re: Judgment Time

• Options

I judge MH's "holier than thou" cousin for saying the following statement to me at A's birthday party.  (they have 3 little girls)

"I hate when we get invited to big fancy birthday parties because we don't throw them for our girls. So when we leave the parties they are always asking why they can't have a big party, and it makes us look like mean parents".

1.) Our party wasn't big and fancy

2.) Don't come

3.) Don't rain on my fun parade with your stupid comments 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    imageanasazi17:

I judge MH's "holier than thou" cousin for saying the following statement to me at A's birthday party.  (they have 3 little girls)

"I hate when we get invited to big fancy birthday parties because we don't throw them for our girls. So when we leave the parties they are always asking why they can't have a big party, and it makes us look like mean parents".

2.) Don't come

some people should keep their opinions/insecurities to themselves.  I have a couple of friends who like to spout at the mouth like that.  They don't realize they're even being rude, and they are actually proud they have a lack of filter. 

imageimage
    Parenting Floozie Brigades official motto:  We welcome to you the board with open legs.  Also, open beers. ~@cinemagoddess

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    I judge my mother in law for washing her hands before she touches her food  but refuses to wash her hands before she plays with DS or feeds him... even when shes in my house and its my rule and I nicely ask her to wash her hands. 
  • Options
    imagemissyleaferg:
    imageanasazi17:

2.) Don't come

some people should keep their opinions/insecurities to themselves.  I have a couple of friends who like to spout at the mouth like that.  They don't realize they're even being rude, and they are actually proud they have a lack of filter

I've met several people like this!  It's like a badge of honor to them.  WTF is wrong with people.  I call it 'diarrhea of the mouth'

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Options

I judge parents who always make sure their babies/kids have the latest toys and clothes but haven't even thought about making a savings account (or gasp! a college fund/account) for them.

I'll be the first to admit that DS has way too many toys but you better believe our money first and foremost goes to A) his basic needs being met and B) his future

ETA: Not judging parents based on the toys/clothes alone.. only parents I know for a fact haven't thought about the child's future

• Options

I am judging myself today. We have been really bad about a few things with DS:

1.) Brushing his teeth daily

2.) Introducing the sippy cup

3.) Reading to him

It isn't like we don't do it at all but it is very sporadic. By the time I get home from work and we get everything done then it is time for him to go to bed. On the weekends we get caught up in the millions of things that need to get done at home and then it is bedtime again. We need to break out of this rut! It only take a few minutes to read a board book and brush his teeth...why in the hell are we having such an issue getting these done??!! 

image"width="200px"> Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    imageSpicy15:
    My SIL's wedding was supposed to be this Sat., last Friday we got a call saying the wedding was off and her fiance had told her couldn't and would never marry her. Some of the reasoning I have heard is complete BS, so I know there's got to be more to the story. Regardless I judge her because she apparently sees nothing wrong with the fact that this guy she's been dating for 4 to 5 years pretty much lied to her when he proposed and asked her dad for his blessing to marry her. If you never intended to marry her then why did you propose?
    nbsp;Her twin sister doesn't understand what is going on either because she went to work that same day, was in a good mood, even when she took her out that night, she never cried and doesn't see why he is a bad guy. She still plans to continue living with him, and just going about her day to day activitiesnbsp;and for my part until this girl decides that she deserves respect and to be treated better than that, there is nothing anyone can do to change her mind. She has to figure it out on her own. I just hope she sees that if he would leave your butt at the alter and just want things to remain "status quo", how do she know if she were to become pregnant he wouldn't kick her out/leave her because he "couldn't handle things changing" like that?
    If DH had pulled that crap on me, I would have punched him in the face, and kicked hisnbsp;you know whatnbsp;to the curb.

Whoa, I'd say there's more to the story. Maybe this is a wrong assumption, but perhaps he's not into women. I wouldn't be okay with being left hanging dry like that at all.

imageimage

• Options
    imagesmit5009:

Me too!  I have had the hardest time putting teeth-brushing into the routine!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options

I judge all the rude a-holes (aka my family) that showed up to E's party and misbehaved. 

1) I'm not comfortable with alcohol at children's parties. The party is for a 1 year old, not the adults. DH told me to relax and talked me into serving some beer. When his mom and stepdad showed up to our house and saw that we only had beer, they called other relatives and had them bring wine and whiskey. How trashy.

2) Due to some confusion earlier in the day and to rain, it took DH longer to grill the meat than we'd expected. We were basically grilling and setting stuff out as it was done. I had several ADULT family members who snatched up the first food. When they were done with their lunch, they started eating my cupcakes and cut the cake before everyone was done eating!!! Luckily they left E's special b-day cupcake alone.

3) I had several people (my mom, grandparents, etc) ask me how much the party cost, how much the decorations cost, how much it cost to rent the pavilion etc -- and they asked in front of everyone.

4) DH's family noticed one of my friends from work. She's very attractive, so they started asking (again, not discreetly) if I she was single. They wanted to set her up with DH's cousin. My colleague is very, very smart (will finish her PhD in a few months, does great work in the lab, speaks several languages, is cultured, has done a lot of travelling) and DH's cousin is one of the dumbest people I know in real life. And I think he cheated on his last girlfriend. He probably needs to date someone more like Honey Boo Boo's mom. 

This will most certainly be the last time the family gets to come to one of our parties. It also makes me want to consider moving - far far far away from here. 

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options

Im pretty judgy today so I have 2 more...

#1....I judge my other MIL for being mad at me for removing her from my Facebook friends. She always makes rude comments about my statuses and I just dont want to hear it anymore so I deleted her... her reason for being mad about being deleted was that then she doesnt get to see pics of L anymore... well ya know what, lady, you live 10 minutes away and havent seen your grandson in 2 months IN PERSON... I dont care what you want.

and #2... I hate it when a child is clearly in pain from teething or whatever yet parents refuse to give tylenol like its the plague or something. come on now.... 

• Options

I'm judging Smit for posting a thinly veiled confession. We have a daily confessional thread now!

I judge my BFF for not being able to do things with me because she wants to be home when her boyfriend gets home from work. You guys live together and you are unemployed, it's not like you have a shortage of quality time.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • Options
    imagesmit5009:

2.) Introducing the sippy cup

3.) Reading to him

It isn't like we don't do it at all but it is very sporadic. By the time I get home from work and we get everything done then it is time for him to go to bed. On the weekends we get caught up in the millions of things that need to get done at home and then it is bedtime again. We need to break out of this rut! It only take a few minutes to read a board book and brush his teeth...why in the hell are we having such an issue getting these done??!! 

I'm just as bad with the other two, but for teeth brushing what I do is as soon as she gets out of the tub she gets the toothbrush to play with while I'm putting lotion on her, and getting her jammies on her, then I put toothpaste on it and brush her teeth for her... she still hates it but it's getting to be routine, and I have faith it will get better :)  

Lilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options

I judge people that are always late for dinner. It's like they think that their time is more valuable than everyone else's and they don't care that people are waiting on them.

"Most of the important things in the world have been accomplished by people who have kept on trying when there seemed to be no hope at all." -- Dale Carnegie
    "Our greatest weakness lies in giving up. The most certain way to succeed is always to try just one more time." --Thomas A. Edison
  • Options
    imageCate1234:
    imageDoctorWorm222:

DH's cousin is one of the dumbest people I know in real life. And I think he cheated on his last girlfriend. He probably needs to date someone more like Honey Boo Boo's mom. 

So mean, but hilarious!  I'm dying. 

Sorry your family were so rude.  Who cuts a cake at someone else's party?

Hey now, I like June ^, I don't like the stuff she cooks though.

WOW Dr. Worm - those are rude guests, the cutting of the cake part is bad!  Its like the episode of Real Housewives of OC episode when drunk Sarah touches Heather Dubrow's cake.

• Options

I'm judging my BFF for the way she is raising her kids. her 2 year old is NEVER dressed when I go over there, she literally runs around the house naked and does NOT make her get dressed "Oh she'll just pull it off anyway" Um I'm frickin cold in your house, She's two, You're the mom. Put some damn clothes on that kid! 

FURTHERMORE, she babysat L the other day while i had to go to school, my MIL picked her up when she got out of work, said 2 year old had Layla on the couch with her, and she, and her older (5 y.o.) sister were jumping on the couch while she was sitting up there, and my BFF wasn't in the room watching. PLUS there were tons of little toys all over that L could easily have choked on.  

Because of this we're casually not letting L go there anymore, and have asked an aunt to babysit on those days, and just giving BFF the excuse that "she hasn't seen that aunt in awhile" and then we'll alternate between there and grammy's house b/c I just don't know how to confront her on this without seriously hurting her feelings. We've been BFF's since we were 13, and I can talk to her about anything... but I just can't bring myself to call her out on her bad parenting techniques (For which I'm judging myself!!). I have on occasion reminded her that she, is in fact the parent, and needs to deal with these kids!

Ugh. so frustrating. Sorry for the book.  

• Options
    imageSpicy15:
    Oh Dr. Worm that sucks, I was reading that and then my mouth dropped open, if they had cut intonbsp;your baby's special cake, I would have killed someone. Seriously, that is some rude stuff.

My friend's kid is over 2 same mom who puts vinegar in his mouth for punishment and kept trying to eat Noras cake while she was enjoying it. He threw a fit that she had cake and he did not. She told me "just give him a cupcake and he'll stop." Okay, so why is it every other child is fine with it, but your kid must have a cupcake NOW or else!

And I didn't even get a cupcake, because my aunt finds it necessary to take a few home to her obese husband.If he wants one, he can get off his lazy ass and attend the party. She takes a plate home for him from every party she attends. so frucking rude.

imageimage

• Options
    imageshediva1:
    imageCate1234:
    imageDoctorWorm222:

DH's cousin is one of the dumbest people I know in real life. And I think he cheated on his last girlfriend. He probably needs to date someone more like Honey Boo Boo's mom. 

WOW Dr. Worm - those are rude guests, the cutting of the cake part is bad!  Its like the episode of Real Housewives of OC episode when drunk Sarah touches Heather Dubrow's cake.

Ha!  That was great!

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    imageamyc216:
    imageshediva1:
    imageCate1234:
    imageDoctorWorm222:

Ha!  That was great!

Hahaha! That was the exact face I made when I found out that they'd cut the cake so they could take a slice home because they were leaving the party early! If you're going to destroy my fancy pumpkin cake before I even get a d@#$ picture, sit the f@#$ down and eat it BEFORE you leave.

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    imageAngLK987:

I'm judging my BFF for the way she is raising her kids. her 2 year old is NEVER dressed when I go over there, she literally runs around the house naked and does NOT make her get dressed "Oh she'll just pull it off anyway" Um I'm frickin cold in your house, She's two, You're the mom. Put some damn clothes on that kid! 

Okay, you know I love you but this is hilarious. I'm not one to say "just you wait"...but you just invoked some serious toddler karma coming your way!

Girl please. There is absolutely no harm in a 2 year old being nakies at home. They are burning so much energy, they are not cold. And being the mom of a 2 yo means jack shiit. You just keep them fed and safe and maybe sometimes clean.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • Options
    imagepearblossom:

I'm judging Smit for posting a thinly veiled confession. We have a daily confessional thread now!

I judge my BFF for not being able to do things with me because she wants to be home when her boyfriend gets home from work. You guys live together and you are unemployed, it's not like you have a shortage of quality time.

Good point Pear! This one is better...

I am judging my co-worker for being "in a relationship" with a woman in another country that he has never met. I am thinking that he is in the process of getting a mail order bride.  It creeps me out! I am also extremely bothered that this guy is a registered sex offender and the girl has a 5 yo daughter. He claims that his ex-wife was just out to get him and made false accusations against him but I still can't help but wonder. Hopefully the woman will stay put and this will be a non-issue.

Dr. Worm...we had a ton of wine at DS's party and it was a blast! Everytime we have a get together with all of the extended family everyone turns into lushes. However, I would be extremely pissed at the relatives if they acted like yours did at your DD's party. I am so sorry that the party was not so lovely because of them.

image"width="200px"> Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    imagesmit5009:
    imagepearblossom:

Good point Pear! This one is better...

I am judging my co-worker for being "in a relationship" with a woman in another country that he has never met. I am thinking that he is in the process of getting a mail order bride.  It creeps me out! I am also extremely bothered that this guy is a registered sex offender and the girl has a 5 yo daughter. He claims that his ex-wife was just out to get him and made false accusations against him but I still can't help but wonder. Hopefully the woman will stay put and this will be a non-issue.

Dr. Worm...we had a ton of wine at DS's party and it was a blast! Everytime we have a get together with all of the extended family everyone turns into lushes. However, I would be extremely pissed at the relatives if they acted like yours did at your DD's party. I am so sorry that the party was not so lovely because of them.

I'm a private detective (not really, but I pretend to be), so I would be looking your co-worker up in public records online and sex offender registry to see what the story was.  What a creep-o. 

imageimage

• Options
    imageshediva1:
    imageCate1234:
    imageDoctorWorm222:

Me and Shediva are twinsies on this one.  +1 for June.

PB - should I have C&Pd this into the confessional thread?

June '15 January Siggy Challenge.  Pinterest Fails

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options

Watching Honey Boo Boo at all is a flammable confession, ladies. I'm judging. Judging I tell you.

As penance you all need to watch at least three episodes of RuPaul's Drag Race.

• Options
    imagepearblossom:

Watching Honey Boo Boo at all is a flammable confession, ladies. I'm judging. Judging I tell you.

As penance you all need to watch at least three episodes of RuPaul's Drag Race.

Well I guess I'm already set there.

Besides, RuPaul and T&T do crossover episodes.  Did you not see Shangela on Toddlers and Tiaras last year?

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    imagepearblossom:
    imageAngLK987:

Okay, you know I love you but this is hilarious. I'm not one to say "just you wait"...but you just invoked some serious toddler karma coming your way!

Girl please. There is absolutely no harm in a 2 year old being nakies at home. They are burning so much energy, they are not cold. And being the mom of a 2 yo means jack shiit. You just keep them fed and safe and maybe sometimes clean.

This made me giggle. When I picked up DD from my SIL's house yesterday my 2 year old niece was in her underwear running around. As I was leaving they all followed me outside and went to play on the swing set. My niece jumps off the swing, pulls her underwear off and starts peeing. Yeah, it was hilarious. My SIL was mortified. They're 2, what can you do? 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker CafeMom Tickers Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    imagemissyleaferg:

I'm a private detective (not really, but I pretend to be), so I would be looking your co-worker up in public records online and sex offender registry to see what the story was.  What a creep-o. 

He was found guilty of sex offense against a child and sex abuse of a child under 16 years of age. I know what his story is but I do not know what the court documents say. Everyone knows it but makes sure their children are never unattended.

• Options
    imagepearblossom:
    imageAngLK987:

Yeah my SO's cousin tried the "just you wait" comment on me when I told her naked four year old that she has to have panties on and wash her hands if she wants to play with Gator. Sorry but the "just you wait" one won't be happening in this house. I find it one thing if they just came out of the bath and run around a bit naked before getting dressed. It's a whole different ball game when company is over and your four year old is rubbing her dirty tooty all over the couch, ride on toys, all over the blanket she rubs all over her face, running out the front door naked, and sitting on the stools and counter naked. SO refuses to sit on the couch while there, he is totally disgusted. When I was a nanny, the kids went through that phase and I had the panty rule.....you had to have your clothes on or your panties....but not naked. And you had to be dressed to go outside. Same rule will apply in my house with my own kids.
  • Options

imageElsa1984:

Yeah my SO's cousin tried the "just you wait" comment on me when I told her naked four year old that she has to have panties on and wash her hands if she wants to play with Gator. Sorry but the "just you wait" one won't be happening in this house. I find it one thing if they just came out of the bath and run around a bit naked before getting dressed. It's a whole different ball game when company is over and your four year old is rubbing her dirty tooty all over the couch, ride on toys, all over the blanket she rubs all over her face, running out the front door naked, and sitting on the stools and counter naked. SO refuses to sit on the couch while there, he is totally disgusted. When I was a nanny, the kids went through that phase and I had the panty rule.....you had to have your clothes on or your panties....but not naked. And you had to be dressed to go outside. Same rule will apply in my house with my own kids.

There is a huge difference between a 2 year old and a 4 year old and understanding societal norms and what is appropriate. And there is a difference between allowing a child to be comfortable with their body and allowing an unsanitary free for all.

And for those of you judging naked kids/the parents who allow it IN THEIR OWN HOME...you better believe that both the kids and the parents are picking up on it. 

• Options
    imagemichpedelle85:

Im pretty judgy today so I have 2 more...

#1....I judge my other MIL for being mad at me for removing her from my Facebook friends. She always makes rude comments about my statuses and I just dont want to hear it anymore so I deleted her... her reason for being mad about being deleted was that then she doesnt get to see pics of L anymore... well ya know what, lady, you live 10 minutes away and havent seen your grandson in 2 months IN PERSON... I dont care what you want.

and #2... I hate it when a child is clearly in pain from teething or whatever yet parents refuse to give tylenol like its the plague or something. come on now.... 

Amen sister!  I am right there with you on that one.

I judge my friends who say their mothers are like a "second mother" to their child.  Um, no.  You are their mother - no one else.  If your mother is spending that much time with your child, that simply means that you are not!  Stay the f*ck home!!

Image and video hosting by TinyPicLilypie Second Birthday tickers  Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

I am judging my husband's friend's wife, who just moved relatively close to us.  The wife is a SAHM, is raising 2 beautiful and wonderful children.  The husband (MH friend) works two jobs.

The new house is about 2000sq ft larger than their old home.  Last night, the wife was home alone, in her new, empty house, and the new alarm system went off.  She called me, said that her H wasn't home, asked one of us to drive over there and make sure everything was safe. Of course MH goes, he's too nice not to.

Where I'm judgy...   Grow a pair of balls. 

• Options
    I judge random strangers that feel like they need to comment about my child negatively. I don't mind when someone comments that he's cute or what not. But DS doesn't smile a lot out in public and likes to just people watch. Sometimes he does look a little angry but who cares?! In a 15 minute WalMart trip today I had 7 people, including 2 employees, comment how angry he looks and its "too bad he doesn't smile more." Really?! He's one. It's a good thing he doesn't understand what they say, as that's not something a child should have to hear and be judged about. And I actually kind of prefer him not to interact with strangers. He's really a happy kid, especially at home. 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

imagethefeetles:
    I judge random strangers that feel like they need to comment about my child negatively. I don't mind when someone comments that he's cute or what not. But DS doesn't smile a lot out in public and likes to just people watch. Sometimes he does look a little angry but who cares?! In a 15 minute WalMart trip today I had 7 people, including 2 employees, comment how angry he looks and its "too bad he doesn't smile more." Really?! He's one. It's a good thing he doesn't understand what they say, as that's not something a child should have to hear and be judged about. And I actually kind of prefer him not to interact with strangers. He's really a happy kid, especially at home. 

My kid is a smiler, so I use this line all the time because it makes people feel good when they comment on it, but it would work equally well for you. Wink:

"Oh he's such a flirt!  He loves smiling at good looking people!"

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    imageblu-eyedwife:

imagethefeetles:

My kid is a smiler, so I use this line all the time because it makes people feel good when they comment on it, but it would work equally well for you. Wink:

"Oh he's such a flirt!  He loves smiling at good looking people!"

I had a lady at the store literally force me to stop so she could look at Nora.  Since she was elderly, I allowed it.  She asked what her name was and touched her.  I understand she was just being nice, but don't just touch some stranger's child. 

imageimage

• Options
    imagepearblossom:
    imageAngLK987:

I'll just say with her it's 1/4 that she's potty training, I get that... I also get that she's 2 and will go around naked, and take off her clothes etc. But when I have goosebumps because I'm so cold in your house and she's running around naked, and answering the door naked in October, In MAINE. Yes. I'm going to judge. In the summertime when it's warm, pshhh whatever, let her, but the other 3/4 is laziness and the fact that she just doesn't want to fight with her to get dressed... but I'm shivering here just thinking about it. 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"