Attachment Parenting
Options

Which beco is best?

I'm looking to wear our new baby (due 11/30, haven't done the ticker thing). I dint wear dd, so this is new to me. I'm petite and like te beco because it sees less bulky than some others. I'm looking at the Gemini, but I feel clueless. I'm also open to other recs
Lilypie Premature Baby tickers

Re: Which beco is best?

• Options
    I've done a lot of research on different ones and I love the Beco Gemini.  I started with the Moby wrap (which I also loved for the little ones), but the Gemini is a great carrier!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    we have the Butterfly. We were leaning towards the Gemini, but decided against it. Its not really recommended (for the baby or the parent) to have the baby front facing out in a carrier. So we figured that since we werent going to use that feature of the Gemini, so we got the Butterfly instead. And we love it!
    BabyFruit Ticker

• Loading the player...
  • Options

The Beco is better for petite mamas in general but I would still recommend trying it on before you buy if you can.

The biggest differences...the butterfly has an internal harness (including an infant size harness - some love this; some hate it.  The gemini has a smaller body and no harness - so both are pretty decent buckle choices for a newborn.

Another important difference is that in a front carrier the Gemini straps can cross behind you (which some find more comfortable); the butterfly straps can not.

The pikkolo is another great newborn choice as it has a cinchable bottom.  I also recently got to check out the Chimparoo Trek which is another nice newborn/infant option.  The Action Baby Carrier is also usually a good fit on smaller mamas (unless you are really tiny) and is more lightweight (I have a review of it in my blog if you are interested).

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"