Toddlers: 12 - 24 Months
Options

Trying not to brag about my son to people.

2»

Re: Trying not to brag about my son to people.

• Options
    imageakating:

imageshanado:
    Quinlans Photo.....I mean Akating, I would just drop it already. You came off as braggy. Wasn't even a big deal until you kept responding. We all come off as tools at least once on here, just accept and move on.

How did I not? I said I was sorry. I
    figured that would be enough to say
    hey I realize my post was foolish and I
    am going to be the better person and
    say sorry about it but it seems for
    people like you an apology becomes
    invisible.

that's just it, you don't owe anyone an apology. Just own it is all I'm saying.
  • Options
    imageshanado:
    imageakating:

imageshanado:
    Quinlans Photo.....I mean Akating, I would just drop it already. You came off as braggy. Wasn't even a big deal until you kept responding. We all come off as tools at least once on here, just accept and move on.

How did I not? I said I was sorry. I figured that would be enough to say hey I realize my post was foolish and I am going to be the better person and say sorry about it but it seems for people like you an apology becomes invisible.

that's just it, you don't owe anyone an apology. Just own it is all I'm saying.
    Oh trust me, my sh!t most definitely stinks. 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    imageakating:
    imageshanado:
    imageakating:

imageshanado:
    Quinlans Photo.....I mean Akating, I would just drop it already. You came off as braggy. Wasn't even a big deal until you kept responding. We all come off as tools at
    least once on here, just accept and
    move on.

How did I not? I said I was sorry. I

figured that would be enough to say
    hey I realize my post was foolish and I
    am going to be the better person and
    say sorry about it but it seems for
    people like you an apology becomes
    invisible.

that's just it, you
    don't owe anyone an apology. Just
    own it is all I'm saying.
    Lol.
    Oh trust me, my sh!t most definitely stinks. 
  • Options
    imageakating:
    imageKC_13:
    imageakating:
    imageKC_13:
    imageakating:

Sigh, I do not tell people that my son is more advanced then theirs. That would just be asinine. I have a few times mentioned that he can recognize letters (when it comes up what he is doing in conversation or the one or two times I posted something on facebook).

When I said he was more advanced in my post I said it because I figured it was relevant to my story. And as others stated maybe I am wrong and he isn't more advanced. I am just trying to get to a point where I can discuss my son in conversations and not worry about something I am saying about him making another mother worry about their child not being at that level yet. As for those getting offended that I mentioned my kid was more advanced and taking that as a stab at them or me bragging about him you are misconstruing my post. 

For those who gave kind and honest answers thank you. I am glad to know that at least a few people understood what I was trying to say.  

I still don't understand why you feel the need to tell the world when your son hits every.single.milestone. I get sharing the first steps or first word milestones with other mom friends/family. I don't get how saying "my kid can count to 10" would ever need to come up in conversations with other parents. If a concerned mom was asking if my child did something because her child wasn't doing something yet, I wouldn't lie of course, but I would probably just say that my kid does x but he still doesn't do y and assure her every child will have their own set of strengths/weaknesses. Otherwise just let your child be and let them show what skills they have mastered--there's no need to tell others about everything your kid does. There are much better stories to share with other parents besides talking about what milestones your kid has hit.

I NEVER said that I tell everyone every milestone my kid hits. This is exactly what I meant by misconstruing what I was trying to say.  

Um, I'm not "misconstruing" when you said word for word in your OP:

"As a mother I am so excited when my son does things that make me proud. He is the smartest little boy I have ever met. He knows all of his letters (can point them out and can say most of them). Knows about 10 or more shapes (can point them out), and knows numbers 1-10 (can say about 5 and can point out the rest). Every time he does something amazing like this I want to shout it out. But I don't want others feeling like I am bragging about him... I should be proud to talk about it. But I don't want to hurt others feelings because my son is so much more advanced.

It is called a figure of speech. I am pretty sure in the movies when they talk about a guy losing his virginity and he wants to "shout it from the roof tops" he doesn't actually want to shout it from the roof tops.  

Thank you for educating me on what a figure of speech is.

The problem is in your next sentence, you went on to say...

Everyone else on facebook likes to post videos, update their status, or post pictures when their kid does something good. So why do I feel a hesitation when I want to post something online or even bring him up in conversation.

You gave a list of fairly unimportant toddler milestones and then said that you were bummed you couldn't share them with other moms/on facebook. No one's misconstruing you here. You'e being ridiculous.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

So here's what you probably need to know about a 1.5yr old who is "advanced"...that "advanced" development rarely continues through their childhood.  Around the age of 3-4, the majority of kids will all catch up to around the same level and you never would've guessed who knew their shapes first, who walked first, or who spoke in sentences first. 

That's all I have to add to this thread, because other than that I pretty much agree with what everyone else had to say ::shrugs::

• Options
    Bragplaint FTW. 
  • Options
    Lol at so much in this thread. Braggy OP, KC talking about how she doesn't brag, and some douche telling OP that her son's behaviors are markers for autism. Bravo.
  • Options

Excuse me, I am not the original poster!! YOU need to drop that now. How completely rude of you. I only posted my comment because i was just annoyed at how many people immediately shot off that she was being rude. Not many of the posts were constructive criticism,which i assumed to find when i signed up on the bump. I signed up for the weekly updates for when I was pregnant, and to occasionally read posts that pertain to what I'm interested in, not to post all over the message boards myself. Thats why there are only two posts.

talk about grinding the subject into the ground... 

imageimageimage
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"