International Bumpies
Options

follow up to the Canadian post for all TO and GTA area moms/moms to be

Is there a way to organize a meet up? I saw someone in the Canadian thread posted about how to meet other mommies. I have a bunch of friends with babies, but they will all be back at work by the time I'm due. 
It would be great to have some people to commiserate with, go for coffee with, go for a walk with, go to a mall with, find a local baby class together, and maybe even have some grown up conversation that doesn't revolve around babies even if the baby is right there...
TTC 1: Off BCP late October 2011. BFP #1 Jan 2, 2012; EDD September 5, 2012; m/c Jan 12, 2012. BFP #2 June 14, 2012; EDD February 22, 2013.
BabyFetus Ticker BabyFruit Ticker
My super all about me birth story:
Then: Fraternal twins born at 26 weeks in 1983. Me: 640 grams. Brother: 840 grams. Family kept watch in the NICU for 5 months before being allowed to go home. On oxygen for a year and a half after being released.
Now: Me: PhD student and married. Brother: Lawyer and married.
Dad's wedding speech: Thank you to all the family who stood watch and prayed for our children's survival. Well now the little scrawny chicken is married. Who would've thought? (Thanks dad for making me laugh and cry at the same time).
My BFP Chart
Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Re: follow up to the Canadian post for all TO and GTA area moms/moms to be

• Options
    I've met up with come Canadian Nesties in the past.  Its not too hard to do I don't think.  You'll just have to get to know each other on here and decide who's interested and if there's a central location.  When I met with the nesties, there were a number of us out in a West End suburb, so we were all able to meet up outside the city.
    *** DS born February 21, 2013 - Toronto, Canada  ***
    imageimage
  • Options
    I'm in Hamilton, but in Toronto a decent amount of time. I would LOVE to do a meet up.

Canadian Bumpie - Texas bound
    DS #1 [S-5]
    3 Step Daughters [A-8] [E-6] [I-4]
    Baby #2 09/10/2017 
    It's a BOY! 
    Babywearer&EBF
    Babysizer Geeky Pregnancy Tracker

• Loading the player...
  • Options

I'm in Oshawa....would love to meet up with other Moms!!!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options

Hello!

I live in Mississauga and would be interested in meeting up!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

imagekaylaakosua:
    I'm in Hamilton, but in Toronto a decent amount of time. I would LOVE to do a meet up.

DH and I met in Hamilton! We often go in to visit our match makers (aka friends) :) 

TTC 1: Off BCP late October 2011. BFP #1 Jan 2, 2012; EDD September 5, 2012; m/c Jan 12, 2012. BFP #2 June 14, 2012; EDD February 22, 2013.
    Then: Fraternal twins born at 26 weeks in 1983. Me: 640 grams. Brother: 840 grams. Family kept watch in the NICU for 5 months before being allowed to go home. On oxygen for a year and a half after being released.
    Dad's wedding speech: Thank you to all the family who stood watch and prayed for our children's survival. Well now the little scrawny chicken is married. Who would've thought? (Thanks dad for making me laugh and cry at the same time).
    My BFP Chart
  • Options

imagehappy_un-bride:
    I've met up with come Canadian Nesties in the past.  Its not too hard to do I don't think.  You'll just have to get to know each other on here and decide who's interested and if there's a central location.  When I met with the nesties, there were a number of us out in a West End suburb, so we were all able to meet up outside the city.

I agree with the central location. I'm mid-town/slightly north of mid-town in TO, but I have a car and/or am quite the competent subway taker and am happy to meet with people in other areas. 

Plus - happy_un-bride - I think you're also due in Feb?! 

Oh and for all GTA people there is a baby show the first weekend in November at the Convention Center. I've been highly recommended to go!  https://www.babytimeshows.ca/

My BFP Chart
  • Options
    imagephdwyfe2013:

Plus - happy_un-bride - I think you're also due in Feb?! 

My due date is March 2nd (ticker is off by a day, but I'm too lazy to fix it).  Though I am really hoping to go in February.  I feel huge already, I can't imagine how enormous I'll feel by then.

I'm in the west (Burlington), but I work downtown.

So far I think we have 3 west, 2 east, and 1 north....  so might just be best to look at something downtown, since transit is likely easier.  Or perhaps, if we get enough folks.  1 west GTG and 1 east GTG and then you can choose which to attend.

*** DS born February 21, 2013 - Toronto, Canada  ***
    imageimage
  • Options
    I just seen in Todays Parent about the baby convention and was going to see if anyone was going.

Canadian Bumpie - Texas bound
    DS #1 [S-5]
    3 Step Daughters [A-8] [E-6] [I-4]
    Baby #2 09/10/2017 
    It's a BOY! 
    Babywearer&EBF
    Babysizer Geeky Pregnancy Tracker

• Options
    I live right in Toronto but I have a car so I'm breezy to go East or West or North!Would love to meet other Moms! Smile
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

Oh, this sounds like fun!  I'm so terrible at meeting people (and if left to my own devices would never meet anyone new, EVER) which is made even more depressing by the fact that no-one else I know is having a baby and there are going to be no other SAHMs to hang out with!

I'm just east of the city and would LOVE to meet some Bumpies!  Anyone else with a mid-March due date?

BabyFruit Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"