VBAC
Options

How long did you wait?

I'm just wondering how long everyone waited before having a succesful VBAC. After DS was born the OR Dr said I could try for one as long as I wasn't delivering sooner than a year. I really do not want another C-section, but we want 2 under 2. 
Lilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Maternity tickers

Re: How long did you wait?

• Options

My successful VBAC was almost exactly 2.5 years after my cs.

• Options
    My VBAC was 3y10m after my first birth.  We wanted them about a year closer together but that's just how it worked out.  I know of one that had hers 15 months apart but she had a harder time finding a provider.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    imageSquirrel29:

My successful VBAC was almost exactly 2.5 years after my cs.

This! 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    I had my VBAC 22 months after my c-section, but I think the practice I went to wanted at least 18 months between the two.

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Fifth Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    Thanks ladies! I knew it would be different for everyone, I more just wanted to get an idea of the likelihood of success when closely spaced. Maybe I'll make a poll.
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Maternity tickers
  • Options
    imageTwizzle:
    My VBAC was 3y10m after my first birth. nbsp;We wanted them about a year closer together but that's just how it worked out. nbsp;I know of one that had hers 15 months apart but she had a harder time finding a provider.
    All of this but mine are 3y9m apart. But my hospital only limits time wise if they're Irish twins.
  • Options
    My older two are 22 months apart, which I felt was great spacing. I was told not to get pregnant before 12 months post-op if I wanted to VBAC, we started trying when DD1 was 14 months and had immediate success. Other doctors have different rules as far as timing though. I've known of people with 18 month age difference who had a VBAC.
    imageimageBaby Birthday Ticker TickerBaby Birthday Ticker TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I haven't had the VBAC yet but mine will be barely 17 months apart.
    image imageimage Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    I had my vbac 14 months after my csection. My doctors weren't concerned with the spacing. I had no complications. I went to 41 weeks and they had no problem letting me go to 42. I had to switch practices to find true vbac supportive doctors and hospital. I interviewed before switching and got a list from my local ican chapter. Good luck. Two under two is fun! I wouldn't change a thing.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"