October 2011 Moms
Options

BF while PG?

For those that are pregnant or have been while still BF your oldest. How long did you go? Did you notice a drop in your supply? I'm in the process of weaing all but morning and night but scared that I will wean completely.

Also I'm having to take Progesteron supplements, does that affect my milk? I'm assuming it's safe bc the OB knows I'm still BF.

4 Clomid cycles BFN's,3 injectible cycles BFN, 3 failed IUI's
Hystroscopy to remove cysts 11/2010
IVF #1 with ICSI Graydon Dane born Oct. 23, 2011 via c-section at 38 weeks.
Surprise BFP 10/9/12. Blighted ovum at 8wks. D&C 11/1/12.
Surprise BFP#2 TWINS!!! Boy/Girl twins.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

imageBabyFruit Ticker

Re: BF while PG?

• Options
    I am still breastfeeding Izzy.  My nips hurt a lot more, but so far no dip in milk that I can tell..I don't pump but she is having normal diapers and seems satisfied.  Her nurse was telling me as long as I don't start having contractions we are good to keep going until we are ready to ween.  She isn't even close to ready.  The app I have LactMed is one to look up meds to see if they are safe while nursing.  If its not there, I would email the Leche League.  I had to talk to them through my appendix surgery...I got a fast response.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

I BF for about 2 months while pregnant until Olivia quit on her own.  All of a sudden one day she wouldn't nurse anymore and that was probably about 12 weeks.  I kept offering but she wanted nothing to do with it so I weaned.  I would have pumped but she didn't like my milk so that was kind of a non issue. 

I would have liked to continue and you should be perfectly safe to continue as long as you don't have cramping while nursing.  Also your supply does tend to drop while pregnant so if you switch to morning and night nursing you may not be able to keep up. 

image   image
    We were 2 under 2, now 3 under 3!
    Team Green turned Team Pink with #1, Team Green turned Team Blue with #2, Team Green turned Team Pink again with #3
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"